Different solutions to change scale

Hello

I am looking to identify all the possible solutions to scale a drawing and to see the advantages and disadvantages of each of them.

At the basis of this reflection, it is a complete project that must be put on a scale of 2, and therefore everything (parts, assemblies and MEP) must be modified.

• Solution 1: Scale function, which cannot be applied to the whole assembly but to each of the parts. This function is simple and quick to apply for a part, has this disadvantage: if the dimension is made by Model Object, it remains at scale 1. So the entire rating has to be completely redone in controlled dimensions.
  • Solution 2: Include all dimensions in sketches and features. 100% effective but very long
  • Solution 3: For each sketch, Scale features; major disadvantage, all the dimensions have to be removed for the scale to be done! and then redimension everything (with Totally Constrained sketch + dimension retouching)
  • Solution 4: Edit the Sketch; This sketch feature allows you to scale a sketch even if it is dimensioned. On the other hand, the coincidental relationship of the sketch with the origin must be removed, and then put it back after the fact.

These are my first ideas for the moment. If you have any other solutions or see a few things wrong with the above solutions, any thought is welcome.

Thank you

Alan

Hello

I'm definitely going to say something stupid, but hey... it will not be the last.

Is it possible to make an excel table and in your case create a formula to scale all dimensions? A bit long but all the dimensions can be updated directly.

Mathieu

A first clarification: a colleague to find this trick for solution 3 Scale entities; you have to put all the Piloted dimensions, do the Scale Entities function, then put all the Piloting dimensions back. Good idea but long to do all the same.

To answer m.anger, I don't really see how this Excel sheet could modify all the dimensions at scale 2, I would be interested in a small demo.

Otherwise, we can consider proceeding with an API, a field where I don't know much about it yet

Notice to amateurs

1 Like

Hello

Why not imagine a macro that loops over all the sketches and either:

• Modifies all odds by multiplying them by 2
  • Scale the sketch to 2, why not put all the dimensions in piloted and then put back pilots as you proposed.

In this case, you "only" have to launch the macro on all the coins!

ScaleDimension from myCADtools allows you to assign a scale factor to all dimensions of a room (except corners, of course!!). The dimensions were modified, the plan followed.

Hello

To complete ACO's answer you can also find it here: http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tools-et-macros/utilitaires/utilitaire-scaledimension-854.html

@+

1 Like

So in addition to the 4 'classic' methods, an API is possible (I'll have to get to the APIs).

and the ScaleDimesion solution with the MyCadTool tool.

1 Like