Difficulty in converting from assembly sketch to sketch integrating into a part In SolidWorks 2020

Hello

I am unable to convert into a part file sketches / plans / axes created in an assembly (at the root)

note: The sketches I am trying to convert are wireframe.

I could see that I had to do: edit the part --> Plan --> sketch --> convert the entities --> select the entities

However, I receive the following error:

This operation requires the selection of:

for an edge offset of a model

-One or more connected edges

- One side of the model

- A face of the model and an edge of the face to specify the loop

To offset external entities in a sketch

-One or more connected entities

-An entity on a closed contour

-An external sketch with a closed outline

Thank you very much for your help

Hello

I don't understand the problem well, because the error message seems pretty clear to me (it doesn't always happen), can you make an image of the error message as well as the SW window so that we can better understand the context.

there are options to avoid external references in SW. They may be activated in your home.

Check this point.

Hello

There seems to be confusion between the "Convert Entities" function and the "Offset Entities" function, which are neighbors in the command manager.
The first makes a simple projection of the selected entities in the sketch plane, the second draws a parallel profile at a given distance.
Your error messages correspond to the "Offset entities" function, which is much more demanding on selected entities that must form a continuous chain....

1 Like

Excuse me for being late in responding,

I use the convert function

As for external references , I think they are disabled 

attached is an image of when I select all the entities to be transferred and then convert function ,

as well as the inverse first convert  function and feature selection  .

Thank you very much

selection_des_entite_puis_conertir.png

and first using the Convert Entities function:

convertir_puis_entite.png

Hello

My confusion comes from the error message you receive, which is exactly the same as the one returned by the "Offset entities" function. For this function, the selected entities must form a string, which is specified in the message.

The "Convert Entities" function is much more tolerant and accepts multiple non-joined selections. However, I tried to select a face of a left volume object, with a projected outline that intersects. The conversion is rejected with the same message. I have the idea that the message expresses an error, but is not adapted to the context.
What types of entities are you looking to convert? Your selection seems to include points, planes, sketches, axes... Some of these elements are not "projectable" by SolidWorks (plans, axes, etc.). Have you tested converting these objects one by one to try to identify which ones are causing problems?