Automatic dimension of a room?

Hello 

I'm currently working on Solidworks with MyCADtools, and I wanted to know if it was possible to automatically have the external dimensions of the parts I draw (even misshapen) to fill in the Width, Height and Thickness boxes in SmartPoperties  ?

Thank you in advance, 

Méril

Hello

the only way I know is if your parts are sheet metal by right-clicking on the unfolded and then Annotation=>properties of the list of welded parts.

See PJ

surface_de_tole_a_plat.jpg

Hello

It seems to me that the "BoundingBox" utility does it, look HERE if it meets your needs.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Hello

Indeed the "BoundingBox" utility responds (answered) but this feature has been integrated into the "EntityProperties" utility (myCADtools 2019 compatible SW2016-17-18-19) which allows, in addition, to apply measurement properties from any selection. Short video HERE for an overview.

Kind regards 

3 Likes

EntityProperties, is not practical because you have to create it the first time and if you change the part you have to start the functionality again. Isn't there something that could do the trick without creating a feature? 

Thank you in advance, 

Méril

1 Like

Without the need for third-party payment tools, or without going through a macro.

With a PRT file, go to: Document Options / Soldered Layout /

Disable "Create Derived Configuration"

and in the top options, check that the "default" is correct, i.e.:

Check "Automatically create list... "

Check "Automatic update of the list..." "

uncheck "Rename folders in the list with a value of Description"

Check "collect identical bodies.

then go back to the 3D, activate the "(chassis) const.welded" mode

i.e.: Insert / Welded Complex / First Icon...

in the "feature manager" tree, the "welded part list" should appear,

develop it, in it, each file corresponds to a volume body,

right-click on a "Create a visualization cube" folder

This automatically adds the properties to the folder, which can be seen by right-clicking on the folder, and then properties.

Properties that can be recalled through a MEP, or other...

Advantage, it updates automatically...

5 Likes

Hello

If the dimensions are always the same, you can link properties to the dimension

Then in the drawing, all you have to do is put the properties that will update according to the dimensions

After I don't know if it works with SmartPoperties, because we don't use it at home

Have a nice day

I attach a small example in pdf:)

19-06-26_1143.pdf
2 Likes