Pallet sizing

Good evening@ronathan 

Ok  I understand;-)    But if I'm not next to my shoes try to see if my remark about the forks that don't fit is relevant or not, because to solve this problem you'll have to add material and MO and this will influence the price quite a bit.

Good luck with your price offer ;-)

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello ZoZo,

I'm coming back to the charge because the project is progressing a little. Here is a new version of palette. The stress has changed slightly because now the first pallet must receive a static load of 9T. This corresponds to 4 rows of 4 Ø650 kegs as well as the weight of the 3 top pallets.

Could you tell me if my new design holds up?

Thank you in advance ;)

palette_acier_1400_x_1400_v2.step

Good evening

I look and come back to you ;-)

Hello @Ronathan

Galley! misery!

Could you transform your ASM into a part before transforming it into a STEP otherwise I have to redo the whole ASM.

Kind regards

PS: small question , are you the one who defines the size of the pallet or are the dimensions imposed on you. If they are specialized pallets for keg storage, we could discuss the dimensions.

Second question why use UPNs instead of tubes because you could have more strength for a much lower overall weight and lower machining and welding costs and easier assembly for the AMHA welder. The vertical effort acceleration is much higher with tubes. Look at the attached image ;-)

In addition, some machining will cost you a fortune (compared to a kerf) without any real added value on the solidity, plus for the simulation I will have interference everywhere, look at this image

I finally found a flaw in @Zozo_mp: you forgot the PJ ;-))

1 Like

RHAaaaaa!

But of course!

The attachment has been confused with the letter to Elise

Here she is attached

Kind regards

palette_stockage_points_de_descentes_de_charges_2020-10-27_12_46_05-window.jpg

OK

If we switch to a 100*50*3 rectangle tube, does the pallet resist?

PS:  the 100*50*5 tube is almost as heavy as UPN100

Attached is a rectangular tube version.

palette_acier_1400_x_1400_v3.x_t

Good evening @ronathan

How do you open this file although it has a parasolid ending, it tells me that it's locked, skid

Kind regards

can you send back STP or a charitable soul with a SW 2019 version or lower to convert   it to me ;-)

Service

palette_acier_1400_x_1400_v3.sldprt
1 Like

@Zozo_mp : great simulations. Is this static simulation? Is it possible to have the simulation file to see how you did it? I admit I don't know much about the module because I use it very, very little! It's for training purposes on my side.

Thank you

Attached is the WWTP

palette_acier_1400_x_1400_v3.step

Hello @ronathan 

Sorry!  But your model is not good in my opinion and moreover we can't do simulation with it!

Kind regards

remarques_sur_conception_palette_2020-10-28_11_59_38-window.jpg

Sorry attached is the latest updated version in 100*50*3 rectangle tube.

The new data are:

- Weight of a drum 700Kg

- 4 drums per pallet

- 3 stacks of pallets, i.e. 12*700Kg = 8.4T of products.

palette_acier_1400_x_1400_v3.2.step

Hello @ronathan 

I still have a problem with your design.

For the four barrels on an individual pallet with its barrels, no problem.
On the other hand, as soon as you put the second pallet with its kegs on the first one, everything will fall apart.

That's why in warehouses that don't stack, they put them in racks

I don't know how it's possible but not possible to open the file. Send it in a ZIP file!

Kind regards

1 Like

Good evening @ronathan 

See if something like this works for you.

The elevator can pass these forks from any side and you won't be taking your kegs on your feet.

Note: contrary to what you say, tubes of equal dimensions are lighter than UPNs 10.6 kg/m compared to 6.13 kg/m for the tube.
In the ASM model that I offer as an attachment you only have simple sawing and welding. So manufacturing cost reduced to the minimum necessary. You will see that I have reduced the dimension to 1340 x 1340 which forces the operator to center these drums so that they do not remain as much as possible on the load areas, in addition it will save you storage space.

Kind regards

@tous is an image of the proposed solution

palette_acier_-demi_siecle_-_pouvant_etre_gerbee.zip
1 Like

It may be enough to symmetrical the part that receives the barrels

+ metal but optimal design for transfer and storage 

The fouches will have room to pass and the distribution of the loads can be optimal 

@+

I like your ZoZo solution, but can we decrease in section? for example by going through 80x40?

Good evening @gt22 

You can tell us more about your solution.     (please sir)

I didn't complicate the palette because once at the customer's place he will use it for something else for sure ;-) So we remain in the logic of the "euro pallets" but improved to the constraints of the barrels. And this is not trivial ; ')

Kind regards

@ ronathan
Before reducing to 80 x 40, the simulation should be done in 100 x 50 to better understand whether there is oversizing or not. You must aim for a safety coefficient of at least 3. Because 750 kg that would fall from a height of more than 2m sucks.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello @ronathan 

I gave up on your model and made a model entirely based on the logic of the euro palette.
The dimensions are designed primarily for handling with a standard forklift.

Obviously it was necessary to take into account the particular load due to the drums and finally use as little material as possible (the pallet weighs 86 KG compared to a 26 kg wooden pallet) while ensuring a resistance in accordance with the CdC. Load equal to 21000 N per füt x 4 = 84000 N = 8.4 T.  You have a safety factor of 4!

For your information, a wooden pallet in static resistance to 4 tons (less in dynamic = 1500 kg)

See image and attachment.

If that's okay with you, I can send you the full ASM.

Kind regards

modele_zz_2020-10-29_12_11_16-window.jpg
1 Like