Pallet sizing

Me personally what bothers me

1 ́ How do you put the drums on the pallet in the right place?

2' Why rest the 2 pallet loaded with drums on the upper edge of the lower drums?

and the same goes for the upper floors

For me it would be preferable that the pallets rest on the pallets perhaps via bases at each corner 

especially for long-term storage

@+

2 Likes

hello @gt22 

To put the drums on the pallet we use clamps

Arguments for the resistance of the pallet (the drums are another debate) I put a load of 200,000 N to see how the pallet of the First Stage reacts which will take the maximum deformation.  I'll let you look. The shells are not subject to any notorious vibration so as long as you are far from the elastic limit time does not play (except corrosion of course).

Kind regards

Thank you zozo, I want your part. On the other hand I'm on 2019 Sp4. 

Hello

Do you agree with this new proposal?

Kind regards

PS; The attached assembly

palette_demi_siecle_acier_-_empilement_-_euro.zip

Are we sure that each pallet has 4 kegs?

Hello @charleslr 

I don't know what @ronathan will say but as designed in the latest version you can put from 1 to 4 kegs.

Obviously, if there is an idiot at the end customer who does not put four drums in floors 0 and 1, this does not engage the responsibility of the pallet manufacturer.

But these considerations have long since exceeded, for this post, the normal (not to say simple) help provided by the forum. I helped @ronathan only because it doesn't have SW simulation and since I was seeing stuff that was not going well at all I suggested other solutions.

Kind regards

PS: @Charles you were able to download the file you asked me for  ;-)

1 Like

Thank you for this 80*40*3 version, it suits me of course. Moreover, we will start with 4 prototypes of this type for full-scale testing. In your ASS there is only a row of 4 drums but their mass totals 8.4 T so the results are correct.