Disappearance of sheet metal in the bill of materials

Hi all

I am a methods technician and therefore have to get out of nomenclatures, especially sheet metal work

I make several parts file insert in 1 assembly

These parts files can contain several welded sheet metal elements in construction

When I make a bill of materials for the assembly and break down the parts files

It's total anarchy for sheet metal bodies, while the elements from the weld construction profiles are impeccable, all for the same assembly files of course

If a person knows anything about this field, I explain it to him more precisely

Sincerely, everyone

1 Like

Hello, when you say: "It's anarchy for sheet metal workers" What do you mean?

If you are making a bill of materials from a welded construction and sheet metal body assembly, the name of the sheet metal body will appear in the designation, as well as its unfolded length if you wish, or its material.

Everything is done by the custom properties.

4 Likes

Hello Bart

In fact, on the nomenclature I show for each parts file the list of items

Then by counting all the parts files, the profiles, no problems, I recover the number of identical bodies in the assembly, while the sheet metal bodies disappear as the parts files are broken down

Regards

2 Likes

When creating the BOM, do you insert a snapshot view of the complete model?

There was a bug at the time, and I got into the habit of inserting a view outside the sheet before adding the nomenclature.

Do you have a screen print of your project and your website?

1 Like

Hello Bart 

I have progressed in my case, in fact on 1 parts file, I have created a property of LENGTH and the decomposition is done well in the nomenclatures 

I am currently working to automate this property without affecting the LENGTH property of the welded construction profiles

I'm thinking of going through Mycad using 1 concatenation (it's hot)

I attach 1 printout screen of the manual solution

exemple.png

it's a bug

Hello

As on the other post you conclude: it's a bug! But why, let's try to dig deeper and see if it's not a problem of method, your conclusions are quick and above all without explanation to allow everyone to understand the problem.

@+