Decoupling the color of dimensions and a constrained sketch in solidworks

Hi all

In the sketch, when an outline is closed and totally constrained with its dimensions, the sketch changes from blue to black and the dimensions are black. Can we dissociate the colors, for example: totally constrained sketch in green and the sides in black.

I ask you this because in some of them because I have trouble identifying them all: the dimensions in black, the axes in black and the sketch in black.

In short, I want to change the colors.

Thank you in advance

Hello

To change the colors, it's Option/System Options/Colors/...

In the case of sketches, the color is the same for dimensions and constrained entities: "Sketch, fully constrained" option. Sorry...

As for color change in general, and this is only my opinion, starting to touch it often leads to disappointment, you end up seeing nothing in certain conditions, the choice of SolidWorks colors is rather accomplished from the start.

A+

2 Likes

Ok thank you for this info. I hope that we can change the color as I wish in the future on other versions.

Thank you for your opinion on the color change. I agree with you, the default basic settings and colors are already well studied.

Kind regards

An evolution on this point seems unlikely to me: they have already been on this basis for a couple of years.

But it can be a suggestion to make on the SolidWorks website!

See you soon