Data required for RDM calculation via solidworks simulation

Hello

I'm in the process of recreating a matter database in solidworks 2013, the old one being completely corrupted (too many obfuscated materials, fancy values, and a completely rotten source file (txt format) (all accents have been replaced by thousands of random characters, which makes the update impossible).

My question concerns the minimum data to be entered for a stress simulation to be possible. What does Solidworks need at a minimum?

fish coeff? Elastic limit? Young's modulus?

The idea is to restrict the number of values to be entered when entering a new material, to ensure that the database will remain clean. If there are too many values, it will quickly be anarchy.....

Thank you!

I would like to point out that our calculations never include any notion of temperature, only effort. for example, the deformation and strength of a plastic clip. Very basic use then.

Danger

You risk verolating all the old files to modify your hardware database

The internal material databases of solidworks are not suitable for you

Some materials are missing

@+ ;-)

I don't directly modify the solidworks material base, but a copy, in which I keep only the materials that we use on a daily basis.

We work mainly on injected plastic, and the original solidworks base is too general: we recover the material specified in the part on our plans, and these plans must include the exact designation of the material (not just a family of materials, for example, BAS, or PC) for reasons of passing standards.

So I want to remake a database (without touching the original one, eh! I'm creating a copy) grouping all our specific materials, with the exact name, and the exact properties.

But in order for it to be fed and updated by all the designers of the company (who are not models of discipline and rigor.....) I have to limit the data to be entered to the minimum so that solidworks simulation can run normally during a force calculation.

1 Like

I think I found:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/cworks/r_Material_Properties.htm

It remains to be seen how I can simplify this.

Hello

What must be filled in for the calculation is the data written in red in the material

example for statics: modulus of elasticity, poisson's ratio, density and yield limit.

for thermal: density and thermal conductivity

etc..

Have a nice day.

capture.jpg
1 Like

That's exactly what I needed! Thank you!

I still have to find these values for all my plastic materials (not easy in injection, the technical sheets rarely mention them)