Double plies on edge

Hello.

Is there a way to make 2 consecutive folds in sheet metal with a single function, I don't see how with "sheet metal bent on edge" but there may be another way?

Thank you for your help. 

Hello

Would you have an image of the piece you want to make?

1 Like

Hello

See if it's something like this that you want to do.

Hello

Are you talking about the fold in red?

On the other hand, in 2 functions and not in one.

Hello

the double edge is achievable via a function see PJ in Solidworks 2016

teste_bord_double_ac_codra_427_.sldprt
1 Like

Or another solution that coresponds may be on request not very explicit, in a sheet metal work make a shift:

http://help.solidworks.com/2018/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Jogs.htm?verRedirect=1

@ AC Cobra 427

In fact it has 2 functions;) 2x the same :)

On the other hand, you start from a sketch while I tested with the "Crushed Fold" function x2

As long as the unfolded one works, it's the same. (as we often say "there is not only one way to do things in SW, just the method that suits you best")

But it's still 2 functions and not in 1 alone.;)

You just have to leave a little play for the 2nd fold, I put sheet metal thickness +0.2 in my example

SW generates a radius of 0.1 to prevent face blending. So it can play on the unfolded.

Hello@Tous

Let's wait for @n.blanes to come back and choose from the drawings proposed by @FUZ3D or  the offset fold of @sbadenis

Otherwise, it doesn't make a crease, we're going to guess about the Plie and the beautiful tuna or about the derline edge that drives him crazy.

Crodally

3 Likes

Hello.

Thank you for your answers, I'm attaching a screenshot to be more explicit.

I regularly draw hoppers that end with 2 fallen edges (one horizontal and one vertical).

These are the 2 folds that I would like to make in one go. For the moment I haven't found anything better than to draw a trapezoidal sketch for the horizontal fold and to finish with a fold with the sheet metal function folded on edge.

capture1.jpg

Hello

You can use the swept folded sheet function , you will only have one function for several folds.

2 Likes

Hello

Above all, you should know when you want to make these two consecutive folds ? and especially how you attacked your hopper drawing ;-) , because being a sheet metal worker there are several possibilities to make sheet metal parts.

@+

Basically, I build my hopper on the surface, I sew the surfaces and then transform it into sheet metal. Finally I make my last vertical fall edge with "sheet metal folded on edge".

See attached file.

capture2.jpg