DraftSight: Read-only message on opening

Hi all

Does anyone know if it's possible to not display the read-only message when opening DraftSight?

When you look at a standard plan that's read-only, DraftSight asks the question every time...

Thank you

Hello

I'm afraid it's like all Windows applications, when trying to open a file that's read-only.

The solution is not in Drafsight or in any other software. If there is a solution, it is in a configuration of the OS (Windows).

I haven't found yet how to disable this message...

3 Likes

In the first place, some files are protected at the writing level in a more advanced way than a simple "right-click" and then read-only.

However, by right-clicking then properties then security, is it possible to change user rights to read + write?

I don't want to remove the read-only message, but only the message at the opening.

These are standard plans that are critical, and only certain people are authorized to modify them.

Hello, the answer is simple but will not necessarily please.

A read-only document will always generate a message when opened with software that can make changes. The solution proposed in general is to use a "Viewver" for consultation and a "Writer" for creation and modification.

This solution is commonly used except to check that a non-cartoonist can consult a document without being able to make a break.

Drafsight is free, but it is not within the reach of all users of a company, a "Viewer" normally yes and is lighter. It's like a PDF (except that "Reader" doesn't ask the question if you want to change anything!)

As mentioned above, the fact is that you have to modify .dwg documents and consult others that will be read-only.

So it seems difficult to choose the software before opening the file each time...

No solution a priori, thank you.