Draftsight printing problem

Hello;

I'm here to tell you about a problem with printing in Draftsight.

I recently had a problem when I started printing. As soon as I launched one, the software would get into error, and close.

So I uninstalled Draftsight cleanly, without forgetting to manually delete the small folders that were left after the uninstallation.

I did a lick of CCleaner to be sure, then I installed the latest version of the software.

No effect, each time the software is printed, it closes.

I've already tried all the manipulations that are described on the different forums, but nothing helps.

Does anyone have or had the same problem, and if so, is there a solution?

Thank you all in advance.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hello

The printer drivers may not be up to date.

I have never had printer problems, even when changing models (from printer alone to all-in-1).

Be careful though during a "clean" uninstallation, you should know that registry keys are not easy to delete, so there are still traces.

I use Revo Unistaller to be sure, and this is REALLY uninstalling.

End of HS: I also think it's the drivers who mess up.

1 Like

I've had the same printer for 2 years (a3/a4 laser copier)

All the drivers are up to date, and as for the registry keys, I removed them with CCCleaner.

I'll double-check everything and I'll keep you posted =)

Thank you again!

1 Like

Hello

You can try printing on a pdf printer like pdf creator.

This will allow you to see if it is your stepping printer drivers that are causing the software to crash.

S.B

Is it possible to test a print on another printer?

From another position?

Are there traces in the Windows Event Viewer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/open-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7

1 Like

I don't even have access to the print manager.

Just doing a "Ctrl + P" crashes the software.....

I'm going to renovate everything at home, I'll keep you posted...

1 Like

Always the same thing, I attach the error that is displayed and the observation log.

I don't know what to do anymore^^

Yesterday I managed to print a print, I don't know how. but since then it's back to the way it was before...

erreur_draftsight.png
1 Like

And the event log that follows

journal_draftsight.png
1 Like

Hello

Have you checked that the path of the 2 event log files is the right one on your disk?

S.B

Hi all

Have you tried printing another drawing or a new drawing made from a blank file ?

Sometimes, it can also come from file corruption.

If you can do that, the problem is most likely with the drawing itself.

A+

So, after several tests, I took a so-called "corrupted" file, and I tried to print it, and I succeeded !!!!

9 times out of 10 the software crashes, whether on this "corrupted" or blank file level.

My config:

- HP Z400 Workstation

- Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz

- 6GB RAM

- Windows 7 Pro 64x

- Nvidia Quadro 2000

I'll try to save a print config, I think the problem comes from there.

We're getting closer, we're going to get there!! =)

1 Like

Is the problem recent?

Maybe try a system restore, it doesn't affect your files:

http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/what-is-system-restore#1TC=windows-7

And a pass with CCleaner never hurts either!

1 Like

What about Draftsight portable?

https://bitbucket.org/nnewton/draftsightportable/src

Yes, the restaurant business, I had thought about it... Small problem, I took a little time to take care of this problem. 

It's decided, tomorrow I'm starting from scratch with the usual procedure. 

I must have missed a detail. (hope.^^)

I'll search the registry to delete everything, and I'll reinstall it cleanly.

See you tomorrow and THANK YOU;)

1 Like

Hello

a little far from the impression I had a problem with the registration

my version was close to the end of activation and the upgrade did not ask for activation again

symptom

do not print does not save and crashes from the first modification 

I installed on another workstation and at the cost of activation with the same Mail  address which made everything work again as if by magic

Since when was yours activated?

1 Like

I encountered a similar problem very recently but when opening a file and impossible to do anything with it without it crashing. Try it just in case, smoking but try.

- Open the file and try to save it in an autocad12 DWG format and try to print it again.

- Copy the file and give it a very short name of type BIBI.dwg. In fact, with this in mind, versions 1.4 and 1.5 have a small problem with names that have special characters (for Drafsight) or a little too long. As for printing it creates working files, it may not support some names...

- To any hazaerd, check the locations of the tamporary files and that there is still room... Good luck.

I'll get back to you to keep you informed.

So I started from scratch, I reinstalled everything cleanly, and before reinstalling, there were no files, folders, or registry keys left concerning Draftsight.

To answer the others, Draftsight was activated + 1 years ago, and the filenames I give are always short, and without special characters....

Of course, my problem still hasn't been solved, so I looked in the windows observer, and I'll note the dlls that mess up:

Qtcore4.dll

FxCrashRpt.dll

TDRoot3.08_9.dll

DDKernel.dll

QTGui4.dll

Despite all my efforts, nothing helps. I really don't know how to solve this problem.

I'm going to try the trick mentioned above about activating Draftsight and I'll get back to you.

Thanks again to everyone for spending time on this problem.

Yours sincerely.

1 Like

Activation brought up to date!

I even tried to open an example plan in the draftsight folders, and always the same problem,

Basically, I can only print blank documents. (which is not very practical...^^)

At the end of his rope? No! But not far :p

1 Like

Hello

Did you uninstall and then reinstall the printer drivers like for Draftsight ?

If so, try using a generic driver like " PCL5 " or " PCL6 " (it depends on what your printer supports).

If you have the option, try printing to a different printer to see if the problem is the same.

Otherwise, I have had a similar case with another CAD software. To get around the problem, I printed on a virtual printer "PDFCreator" and then I printed the PDF.

Be careful, the software was able to generate a PDF itself but it also crashed, while with the virtual printer it worked.

It doesn't solve the problem, but if it works, it helps out.

A+

1 Like