driver carte geforce gtx1080 solidworks

Hello

I currently have a PC running win 10, with a geforce GTX1080.

For the driver I have the generic nvidia because no way to find a certified driver for this card at Dassaut, there are only quadro drivers. So it's slow in posters.

I know a quadro would be better but for now I would need to know if there was a driver a little more optimized for solidworks.

Thank you

I'm afraid there aren't any unfortunate ones...

You can try by overclocking the card but it's not without risk ...

3 Likes

It's a card made for gaming and not for CAD.

By looking a little, I think you can find an alternative.

I look at it during the day;)

1 Like

what proc do you have it may also have an intel CG which can be SW compatible

the fact is that for SW you need a certified card for it to work normally

for your 1080 card no walkthrough except maybe via Realhack

Watch this video

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjns-n3saPSAhUFcBoKHT2tBbEQtwIIPzAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTJ70WePwwPs&usg=AFQjCNGJX9N8X-rYXFeAJH8mOrjHEre3Bw&sig2=uoam2UyITFzFJY2Eo30EAQ

@+

1 Like

In fact it's a test PC, I'm just looking for a temporary driver if possible to test the rest, eventually there will be a quadro I think.

For the overclock or the registry modification since the beast is under warranty I would like to avoid.

It seems to me that at the time we had certified drivers for gaming cards, which were certainly less efficient, but it could help out, now we only have quadro.

internally I have an intel HD graphic 530, and there's a driver available I'll test thank you.

1 Like

Hello

Are you sure SW is booting on the correct GPU?

To check, right click on the Sw icon and "run with CPU".

Kind regards.

Ps: Also check the version of your graphics driver.

You can also create a CAD profile in the Nvidia settings panel.

2 Likes

yes the P530 is certified so work with it

it's not a bomb to make renders ;-)

but for small modeling it should do it

@+

2 Likes

thank you for your answers

I was able to help myself out on the internal card in the meantime, the A I have a small quadro in the meantime which is much better than the GTX.

On the other hand, what do you mean by an industrialcadservices CAD profile?

Can we have 2 types of drivers or profiles for the graphics card depending on the use?

1 Like

Hello

In the Nvidia config panel, in the 3D properties, you have the possibility to choose the GPU to use for a software and a whole bunch of settings.

It doesn't disable the other card, it basically allows you to choose the one that will manage the display. The other card will be used for calculations if the first one is not enough.

1 Like

ok thank you very much it could be useful I think on a config.

1 Like