Driver quadro 2014

Hello

Yesterday I installed the new drivers of my nvidia quadro and since under solidworks 2013/14 I have crashes (just on a part not even an assembly)

Does anyone have the same problem?

My error message is on the openGL (so I don't know what it means)

Other remark 

I have 2 graphics cards; A quadro 600 and a gforce 9600 (for my second screen). I noticed that if I install the driver of the quadro first, and then that of the 9600 it makes me crash. The opposite works.

Hello

As a reminder, only use the SolidWorks certified drivers available on this page:

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

If it's not the case, you're never safe from bugs...

Are these the ones you installed?

For the quadro 600 they recommend version 320.78 (for Windows 7 64-bit and SolidWorks 2014)

But I couldn't find anything for the 9600.

1 Like

@Lucas

I'm sorry I forgot to say that I took the solidworks 2014=> drivers hence the crash and the question about lynkoa

1 Like

I wonder if it's not the mix of the 2 types of card that makes me mad with the new solidworks nvidia driver specific to the quadro.

1 Like

and before the last change it crashed

if it didn't crash...................... puts the ex-pilot back

@+ ;-)

1 Like

yes it's the one, the damn 320.78 that I installed

@gt22: as a c***** I deleted my old driver file, and so I have to find it.

but I think you can download it from the Solidworks driver page for the 2013 version

Before I installed it I didn't have any problems (at least I didn't see them). But this is blatant like the previous question of tsimard about large assemblies.

"HE BROUGHT ME THE TROUBLE" lol

1 Like

Why not connect the 2 screens directly to the Quadro 600? The drivers are up to date and I think it's more powerful?

Try a Windows restore, that's what it's for! When did you install the new drivers?

http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/what-is-system-restore

We have 2 workstations under soliworks 2014 and for the past 2 weeks, kernel module crashes

Following the update of the NVIDIA Quadro K3100M graphics card

I just dl the new drivers on solidworsk, I'll get back to you.

1 Like

here is the drivers page

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

Choose the right one and test and tell us

SolidWorks SE Driver Board System Notes

NVIDIA Quadro 600 320.78 2014 Win7 x64 Notes 

NVIDIA Quadro 600 331.82 2014 Win7 x64 Notes 

NVIDIA Quadro 600 320.78 2013 Win7 x64 Notes 

NVIDIA Quadro 600 8.17.12.9573 2013 Win7 x64 

NVIDIA Quadro 600 8.17.12.70712012 Win7 x64

I think it must be in the last 2 drivers

The first 3 take the 3 D video so to avoid maybe?

@+ ;-)

1 Like

@gt22

I think there is a problem with this 3D view story

@Lucas

I noticed that with 2 cards (well until yesterday morning) I can have for example a video on the 9600 and SW on the quadro without slowing down or how to say the big paté when you turn an assembly, while when I was with a single card and 2 screens on it I had problems with the display.

The cost of the 2 cards is equivalent to 250€. If I want a quadro that can handle 2 screens for 2 separate operations (like one output with solidworks, and the other with bender or other) we start talking about 3 zero behind the number.

It was an inexpensive solution  that helped me for the few times necessary in this kind of situation 

1 Like

This is what happens when you give yourself a little gift with a 27 inch screen and you want to update the drivers... I should have stayed with my 24 inch lol

Two identical graphics cards would probably have been less of a problem if it's a question of cost! But we are moving away from the question!

Have you tried System Restore?

@ Gerald it will teach you not to look for better than what you have I'm talking about drivers

sometimes we think it's better but it's beautiful and much worse ;-(

it's like in life ;-) ...; -)

For your 27 inch you took what?

@+ ;-)

1 Like

@lucas: from experience Windows System Restore is a disaster, so this will be my last resort. On the other hand you put your finger on it for the history of the different cards because with the old driver 2013 it works, but I have a weird thing when restarting on the screen of the 9600.

@gt22 I took an IIyama 2773. It's a brand that I'm very fond of and that I install on my machines (the 22 inch touch model)

In addition, the price is very attractive at the moment on this model because it has just released the new one so 100€ savings.

I just found an additional wolf: in the bios settings of the pc, the management of the pci express ports was not activated as it should be, moreover the graphics chip of the motherboard was activated.

Well I'll test all this after noon

Go to this address: https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

And download the driver corresponding to your computer and your graphics card.

Attached is a photo of the page in question.

Good luck!

cg.jpg

As far as your bios is concerned, if the integrated graphics card is active, it means that your computer can't find the right driver for your graphics card. and so it deduces that it must use the one integrated into your motherboard.

Install the right driver, and in the bios disable your integrated graphics card.

Keep us informed!