Dwg

Hello everyone,

I would like to export one or more sketches to a DWG file for laser cutting.

My problem is that I would like to include certain geometries on certain layers because the paths do not all have the same depth of cut.

I haven't found a solution to manually select the paths corresponding to the desired layers.

Have I made myself understood?

Are the sketches already at the right altitude?

If so, you can save a part in dwg/dxf format.

So if the sketches are generated from volume intersections (for example), you just have to add a body delete function at the end of the tree so that only the sketches remain.

Edit: I just did a test. You have to get the sketches out one by one. Recording in DWG format brings all sketches back to the same plane.

Thank you for your interest stefbeno. That said, I'm not sure I understand.

My file, and therefore my tree, is very simple (attachment):

Two different sketches on the same plane (top shot for example)

I would like to export these two sketches in the same DWG file with a different layer/layer per sketch.

And eventually, I'd like to know if you can export different elements of the same sketch in several layers of a DWG file.

part1.sldprt

With autocad you should be able to very easily make layers and put what you want in them.

There is also the SW calaques function, I don't know if you can put an entire view in a layer but you can always convert your view to a sketch and put that sketch in the layer of your choice!

Good night!

From SolidWorks, you can create the layers you are interested in, and then convert the entities by level:

- Creating the level layer

-click on the face to be cut or on the edges one by one

-Sketching Tools/Convert Entities

PS: I haven't been able to look at your piece, no access to SW for the moment.

1 Like

Hello

I don't think it's possible since SolidWorks.

A simple solution:

Placing yourself in the 3D, in a top-down view,

Save as and choose DWG,

Open it with DraftSight (Free software available here: http://www.3ds.com/fr/produits-et-services/draftsight/telecharger-draftsight/

From DraftSight, create layers based on geometries!

1 Like

Thank you David, Benoit and Lucas,

So far I'm using the same Lucas method but with Illustrator. (yes it's possible).

I find it a shame to have to go through another software when it comes to a simple laser cutting.

1) I would do a MEP in SW, export in DWG (be careful with the scales) 

2) I create as many layers as I want

3) Then I select the sketches I want in the first layer, I add them in layer 1

Same for layer 2 ect

2 Likes

I don't really see the pb.

1- In your laser cutting programming software, you need to be able to choose which sketch / outline you want to program?

2- Otherwise, under sw, why don't you make a sketch by function? And then you make a configuration by choosing which function will be removed or not. And you can do the export on different dwg.

In your file (part 1), 1st function you select only the outline to extrude it.

Then you select the sketch you want to do a material removal.

and so on...

3- or if you don't want to do any extrusion: you have your sketch sketch1

Then you make a sketch2 sketch again or you convert only the outline that interests you. (up to sketch n)

And in the mep you can hide such and such a sketch.

Hello

To use layers in SW, you need to draw directly in a drawing.

It is then possible to create several slaps to assign to the sketches, which will be transferred to Autocad when converted to dwg.

Be careful though, on SW, despite the fact that we can apply colors to our layers, the sketches always remain blue.

On the other hand, showing/hiding the sketch works perfectly (see attached file).

Good luck

capture.jpg
1 Like

@Frx, it's normal that you didn't understand, I had added a dimension to your problem (depth).

If you only have a few sketches spaced out like in your example, the easiest way is to put yourself in flat view, show the sketch, hide the volume and do "save as dxf/dwg", then sort it in Autocad.

If you have a lot more and/or more difficult to select. It is better to differentiate them at the SW level. If you start from a volume provided by a client, create sketches according to Benoit's method, then for each sketch: hide the others, do an export as above and finally gather in Autocad by copy/paste with base point, each copy being made directly on the right layer.

capture_decran_29.png

Hi @ Frx

if you are under maintenance 

http://108.163.180.70/fra/produits/outilsxperts-utilitaires-solidworks/?s=479-utilsxperts&a=410-cutxperts-utilsxperts#topb

Serial Flattening Export in DWG/DXF Format

DécoupeXperts allows you to obtain a series of DWG/DXF files in 1:1 format, without dimensions or cartridges, ready for manufacturing in laser cutting, torch, etc. It is possible to get each type of operation on a different layer, the parameters of which can be managed by the user. A quantity report is also offered at the end of the treatment. DécoupeXperts works with sheet metal parts and regular parts (plates, furniture panels, etc.).

Advantages of DécoupeXperts:

• Create flat parts from a part, assembly, or file series.
  • No drawing required.
  • Export to different predefined layers for easy manufacturing (Outer Stroke, Inner Stroke, etc.).
  • Possibility to filter the export according to the type of production (laser, cutting, etc.).
  • Options available for managing the export name.
  • Essential tool for the sheet metal or cabinetmaking industry.

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/controle-des-calques-sur-les-operations-avec-l-outil-decoupxper

@+ ;-)