DXF with SheetMetalManufacturing

Hello

When I want to save all the dxf of my sheet metal parts with " SheetMetalManufacturing ", I always have the dxf of my drawing with the files.

Is it possible to remove the drawing from the DXF outputs of my sheet metal parts?

Thank you, best regards

Hello

If you only need DXF outlines, why not use BatchConverter?
It's the kind of job he does very well.

Except for the drawing that appears, I don't know. I use SheetMetalManufacturing to do but MEP bending.

Kind regards.

Why not import the sheet metal part in flat-pattern configuration rather than the drawing?
Unless the direction of the sheet metal matters to you?

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback,
I draw a lot in multi-body with different thicknesses and sheet metal materials.

When exporting to DXF, with SheetMetalManufacturing I gather all the files in one folder, with the details for each sheet metal part.

On the other hand, can we determine the direction of the sheet metal?

Kind regards

You can choose the orientation of the sheet metal by playing with the directions of the x-y axes

I don't know about the tool in question, but there must be a parameter of the model to choose, with an empty background (without border, note, cartridge... Etc) the drawing will not appear in a dxf.

Your idea Lynkoa15 is interesting but I can't change the drawing model in the export options.
How should I do it?

Kind regards.

It's not possible in the export options for my part I do it via macro, which also hides the milling circle and exports to the same place as the MEP with the same name.
On the other hand, I only do it on the 1st sheet because for us a sheet metal = a part = a MEP

I was inspired by this demonstration, I can see the empty background, (1min) otherwise contact the support