DXF not at the right scale

Hi Lynkoer.

I have a small problem when creating my DXF.

I always do it the same way. I introduce the unfolded into a new drawing, asking it to be on the scale of the sheet. Then I save as, DXF. I modify the options as in the attached photo.

It works pretty well in most cases. Good scale, good room, etc. But, in some cases, the scale does not follow. For example, if I have a scale of 1:3, my DXf part will be reduced by 1:3

(let's say for example and for clarity, the 1247 is good while the PH-02 is a problem for me). Has this ever happened to you?

option_dxf.bmp

Hello

You have to check the box for the 1:1 scale in the export options, see this link:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_EXPORT_OPTIONS_DXF.htm?id=03a6854700cb460d9d467a5df03d17b7

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/English/api/swconst/FileSaveAsDXFOptions.gif

For me in the DXF/DGW options, you have to activate the "1:1 output scale"

In addition, you have to check in the drawing that all your views (especially the unfolded sheet metal) are with "Use sheet scale" selected.

2 Likes

@.PL yes ... That's what I used to do. And it must have been a problem for me at some point with my macro to do DXF/PDF in auto.

And, above all, what surprises me the most. That's why it works well in some cases and not in others. In the 1247 case (where it works well) I have a 1:2 scale. And in the case of PH-02 (where it doesn't work) I have a 1:3 scale

However with 1247, in DXF, my 50 rating remains 50. While with PH-02 my 50 rating becomes 16.6

Why not use the otpion save as dxf from 3D? There is no risk of scale problems, it's always at scale 1.

Generally speaking, in sheet metal work (especially as a subcontractor), the scale of the dxf you will always check!

I had a similar problem with my unit option which was bad so I found myself in mm a dxf plane exported in inch..... but in mm still at the opening, so everything multiplied by 2.54

@Frédéric: because I need to have them in a certain order for my bill of materials and quantities

Hi coin37coin,

You should print at a scale of 1:1 (do not touch the width of the sheet)

On the other hand, you can change the ech of your import view directly.

I solved my problem like that.

GL

=)

I'm going to tick the 1:1 box until I find something that suits me better.

I still don't understand why it does it on some and not on others. 

I am one in the case of coin37coin

My DXFs from unfold drawing are not always to scale

I think it comes from the fact that the unfolded congiguratuin mysteriously does not take the scale of the sheet, and I don't find to block this fact