PDM Task Failure - On error

Hello

I am going around in circles with a problem that may seem simple to some but I can't find a solution. If anyone has an idea, I'm all for it!

I'm running a job in SolidWorks PDM 2018, via a PC on another laptop. If the task encounters an error, an On error and Log statement is used to create a Log file that can be accessed by the administrator.

The problem is that I have no feedback from this error. I did add the email notification in the PDM task in case of failure. But in reality, the task doesn't fail, she simply follows her script and creates a log file... How can I ensure that when the task creates an error log, I am notified?

I tried to add a MsgBox, but it is obviously displayed on the host PC of the task and not on the PC that initiated the task request.

I tried to add a line of code causing an error right after the error log was created, but this time the task goes wrong before creating the log file.

I tried to add a tempo to give the log file time to be added to the vault but the task goes wrong before creating the log file.

If anyone has an idea or a solution, I would be very grateful.

Thank you for taking the time to read me.

Hello

I would advise you to contact your PDM dealer. 

Cdt

Fred

Hello

Thanks, that's what I did and we were able to find the source of the problem which came from the fact that the .log were not really added to the vault because of the restriction in the log folder: write and read rights for a user.

By giving these rights, the log file is created, added to the vault and enters a basic workflow. 

From there, a general PDM job (excluding conversion and printing) can see the created log file and send the error notification.

Cdt