Solidworks drawing autoscale too small

Hello

When I create a drawing of a part, the scale of my sheet automatically updates.

The problem is that the scale defined by SolidWorks is too small, a scale at least twice as large would be much better.

Is it possible to enlarge the SolidWorks autoscale so that my drawing view fills the sheet correctly.

I am attaching a screenshot of my sheet with the view too small.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Guillaume

capture-1.png

Hello

It seems to me that you have to put the desired scale in the MEP then delete the room and then re-save the base plan. As it will have been taken into account for the next creation of MEP.

1 Like

@ac cobra

If I do what you tell me, my scale will be the same for all the drawings.

My goal is to continue to use the Solidworks autoscale feature, but that this feature uses a scale that allows my view to fill the entire sheet and not just a small area in the middle.

So you need to set a keyboard shortcut or mouse movement shortcut  as I did to the properties of the MEP by going to tool- custom-  then you sort by category and you search for edit and in the column next to properties as in the attached file

mouvement_de_la_souris.pdf

My goal is not to be able to easily access the property of my sheet to change its scale but to use the automatic scaling function of SolidWorks (which adapts the scale of the sheet to the first time it is placed).

The problem is that the scale automatically proposed by SolidWorks is too small, so I would like to know if it is possible to modify the way SolidWorks chooses its scale so that my view fills my sheet better.

Ps: I want to use SmartDrawing to generate the plans for each configuration of a room and these configurations have very different lengths, so a better operation of the autoscale function would suit me a lot.

Thank you

Have you enabled the autoscale option for new drawing views by going to tools==>options==>drawings, then the 4th box should be checked (autoscaling new drawing views).

1 Like

Autoscaling is enabled and working, the only problem is that the auto-chosen scale is too small. I'd like SolidWorks to choose larger scales, for example by setting that my view should fill the entire sheet.

I don't think it's possible (it seems to me that the question has already been addressed).

I think, it's only my opinion, that SW is programmed to put several views, the scale is calculated accordingly, but it's true that sometimes it doesn't seem perfectly wise.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

I'm going to separate my file that contains all of my configurations into multiple files that will each contain configurations of similar dimensions.

This way I can set for each file a scale that would best match and create my drawings with Smart Drawing in 3 or 4 times instead of just one and without using the autoscale function.