Drawing Scale

Good mornings everyone!

Here I have two drawings on the same page. One is on a scale and the other too. How can I scale them up? Both of you.

Thank you!

Hello, on which software?

If it's on Solidworks: set the views to be at the sheet scale and change the sheet scale and not the view scale.

3 Likes

You can calculate your scale by taking a length as a reference for example and apply a scale coefficient on the other drawing

you have on some software, a scale function

A+

Hello

Whatever the software, normally when you click (or double click) on one of the views or on the other, there should be the scale that is displayed (usually in a menu on the left, among many other information).

By writing this one down for one, you can change the one for the other view!

Hello

On catia, you right-click on the frame of the view or on its name in the tree => click on "property" and in the "view" tab, you can choose the scale.

echelle_vue.jpg

Thank you for all your answers, But I forgot to tell you that it was on autocad LT 2013.

Thank you again.

Hello

I assume that when you say any scale, it means that your drawings have bastard dimensions (not 1/100 for example)

To do this, use the SCALE command 2x (1x on each drawing).

Mark a known length (as long as possible for accuracy) on the drawing to be scaled.

• Run the SCALE command
  • Points: the first point on one of the ends of the known length
  • Enable the Reference option
  • Spikes at the other end of the length
  • Enter the value on the keyboard of the known length

Do the same with the second drawing.

That's it!

1 Like

Hello EricR ok for the ladder command, But she or on my p..... drawing environment?

As a reminder I am on autocad 2013 LT.

Thank you.

chambery_au_15_juillet_2012.dwg

Hello dg42330,

If I understand your question correctly, you will find the "Scale" command in the "Start" tab of the ribbon and then in the "Editing" group.

If you can't find the button, your environment has been changed. You can restore it by re-selecting "Drawing and Annotation" from the "Workspace" drop-down list at the top left next to the "Autocad" button. Be careful, this removes all the current customization of the environment!

Otherwise you type the command "SCALE" on the keyboard on the command line...

A+