Scale Model Drawing

Hi all

So there you have it, I'm creating a drawing template and here's my problem.

When I create my drawing template, first of all I create a drawing with a scale (from 1:3 for example).

I specify that my views use the scale of the sheet.

I save it in the .drwdot format

I open it and I notice that the scale is 1:5 ????

What for?

Why do you want to force the scale to your model?

Usually, the model is scaled 1:1, and when you create a 3D drawing, SW adjusts the scale on its own according to the size of your basemap (a small part will go to a large scale like 10:1 and a large frame to a small 1:10), using the standardised scales (those available by default in the list).

1 Like

100% in agreement with @ Benoit

Under Solidworks we work at scale 1

in SW drawing, this is done via the view selection frames that we manage at our choice

@+ ;-)

1 Like

I followed what you told me and see what happens (see PC).

I'm not satisfied

doc1.docx

Please take a screenshot

@+ ;-)

Not satisfied with what? Too small?

For example, if the scale appeared at 1:5, it means that your model would not have fit in 1:2.

If we follow your initial idea, force 1:3 will suit you for all your plans? Do all your pieces stand in the same dimension?

Yes too small

I would like to tell him that the rooms must be larger but adapt to their dimensions.

There the room is really too small

So let's go back to the beginning, SW adapts the scale "using the standardized scales (those available by default in the list)."

1/3 is not standardised

Unless there is a possibility to add this scale to your list... But right now I don't see how!

See the help to set your drawing scale in SOLIDWORKS

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_scales_in_drawings.htm

Scales in drawings

Scales in drawings apply to sheets or views. The scale of the active drawing sheet is displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the window, and the scale of the active view appears in the view's PropertyManager. You can also set the scale of a drawing when you print it.

Parent topic

Start in drawings

Define Scale

To set the scales :

• To scale a sheet to an existing drawing, right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the scale values.
  • To set the scale of a drawing view, do one of the following :
    • For existing drawing views, select one or more views, and then set the scale in the PropertyManager.
    • In the case of new drawing views where the PropertyManager appears when the view is inserted (model view, projected, predefined, and so on), set the scale in the PropertyManager.

The predefined options in Use Custom Scale vary depending on the rating standard.

Autoscaling

The Autoscale New Drawing Views option in the System Options - Drawing dialog box controls the scaling of the new views, as follows : 

• When enabled, the SolidWorks software automatically scales the views to fit on the drawing sheet. The scale of the sheet then becomes the same as that of the views.
  • When disabled, views are inserted across the drawing sheet.

When you insert projected views, auxiliary views, and section views, the Use Parent Scale option is enabled by default. If you change the scale of the parent view, the scale of all child views that use the parent's scale is updated.

Scales in PropertyManagers

Use Parent ScaleApplies the same scale that is used for the parent view. If you change the scale of the parent view, the scale of all child views that use the parent's scale is updated. Use Sheet ScaleApplies the same scale as the drawing sheet. Use Custom ScaleApplies a scale that you define. If you select User-defined, type a scale in the box below it as x:x or x/x. Select Use Model Text Scale to maintain the geometry used in annotation views in parts.

The predefined options in Use Custom Scale vary depending on the rating standard.

@+ ;-)

but normally if you put a view you can position it and enlarge your view via the rectangle of this said view 

@+ ;-)

Ok well thank you all anyway.

If I want to enlarge the view I will do it by hand

1 Like

@gt22

" but normally if you put a view you can position it and enlarge your view via the rectangle of this said view " 

Enlarge the view with the rectangle?

Personally, I put the view, SW offers me a scale (the view is at the scale of the sheet), if necessary I modify the scale of the sheet.

1/3 is frankly twisted, it's better to take 1/4 or 2/5.

1 Like