Scale under Autocad

Hello

I'm working on the plan of a client who sent us a dwg rated in meters, like a good mason's bully... Normally no worries, I apply a scale factor and that's it. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, when I click on my base point before entering my scale factor, the command is deactivated... I did some research on the net but I couldn't find anything viable.

Would an Autocajian who knows this problem and who has not started (or is taking a break) to water the holidays be kind enough to help me??

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello

Have you tried here.

Good luck.

http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-3862340-echelle-autocad

1 Like

Hi @ Joss

in theory your autocrad DWG import has a ratio of 1/1 so odds. real in meters Ok 

if you did your import on SW why not requote everything in mm

via the appropriate quotation tools

provided in your SW 

@+ ;-))

There may be an entity where you click.

Have you tried entering the coordinates of your base point instead of clicking?

Or to draw any line with one end end being your base point, and then force that end to be entered?

And before anything else, a small "drawing file/utility/checker" to correct errors...

Hello again, thank you for your answers and sorry for waiting for the choice of a better answer, we are completely overloaded at the office in this pre-holiday season...

@gt22, no, it's a purely autocad file, reworked on autocad, in the last few days, I haven't touched Solidworks too much... To my great misfortune, I rediscover the emmmmmm... AutoCAD bettement ;)

@stefbeno, indeed, it was an entity problem that was in the place where I clicked... Unfortunately, this drawing was full of entities and I had to create a line far enough away from my drawing to change the scale.

On that note, happy new year to all, tomorrow I'm on ^^ vacation (yes!! champagne!!)

Hello

It's not nice for the masons to call them bullies!

I don't know the content of the plan in question, but in the more than 20 years that I have been working (in the structural work) I have never seen a single plan dimensioned in "mm", except for formwork details, locksmithing or for plans related to secondary trades.

In the vast majority of cases, the plans are marked in "m" or "cm".

Have a happy holiday season!

Eric R.