Form-controlled routing element

Hi all

I am looking to create a routing element but with a particularity is that the connection diameters will have to be controlled by a form.
I don't know if anyone has ever tried this
My part is a cone reduction in bent sheet metal, and as it is a non-standard reduction I would like it to be able to adapt with any diameter on both sides of this reduction

I am waiting for your answer

Thanks in advance 

1 Like

I don't really understand what you mean by form-driven?

We can make a routing part driven by a family of parts. Would it take a form to make additions in this excel table?

If that's it, it's playable in my opinion.

Routing with a part family is possible. Except if that's what it's right I'm not sure of the point of a form, I might as well edit the part family and add a line with the custom dimensions.

2 Likes

In fact I want to avoid the family of parts because there are too many possible configurations
I prefer to fill in my parameters on the fly using a form where I find all the editable dimensions of my part

Routing with a family of parts is not a problem for me, I have already done some but here I was looking to do without

Not sure to understand the interest whether it's a form or a family of parts, the number of configurations will be the same, right?

1 Like

In theory, depending on the cross-sections, the length of the conic reduction is not the same

I'm talking to you about hydaulic, or aeraulic of course

what sound your sections concerned among others

@+

So I don't want to write the family of pieces because there would be too many possibilities
there I leave the choice to the user to put the value he wants, so it covers all the possible possibilities
with a form I don't have a room family

Yes indeed the length of the reduction varies according to the change in diameter
the greater the difference in diameter, the longer the length of the reduction

@gt22 on the other hand I don't really understand what you mean by section? if it's the diameters of the pipes it can be any diameter that's why I would prefer not to have to write the family of parts

The problem lies at the level of the connection points in fact
As I don't have a part family, I have a problem with inconsistency between the connection point of my piping and that of my tapered reduction but I think I have found a solution by adding this parameter in my custom property form
the user will enter it manually, it's not a big deal as long as it works
I haven't tested it yet, I'll come back to keep you informed if it works or not

Attached is a screenshoot from Solidworks
on the right, circled in red, this is what I call the ;) form

formulaire.png

Hello Francis!

What you're looking to do is perfectly achievable and super easy!

Since you are using SolidWorks, the tool you need is already available, you just need to activate it.

The tool in question is called DriveWorksXpress and is the free version of the DriveWorks product line.

The principle is as follows:

1. You capture the dimensions and functions you want to control (change dimensions, delete, undelete etc etc)
  2. You design a form using various controls (checkboxes, text box, etc.)
  3. You link your piece to your form by writing rules.
  4. Then you generate as many coins as you want using your form.

http://www.driveworks.co.uk/products/driveworksxpress/?gclid=CjwKEAjwmf6-BRDi9fSN7Ijt1wUSJAASawcjCx-rOB-d8_MXDshdgD88ImTansrR37Xg1oxP5qekWxoC2bPw_wcB

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask me, otherwise your SolidWorks reseller is normally able to inform you as well and introduce you to the DriveWorks technology.

Well I managed to get out of it and corrected the error I had by adding in my form, as I had put in my previous answer, the diameter of the connection points.

The user will have to enter this value manually, it's not extraordinary but it works

Thank you all for taking the time to answer me

It was necessary to add to the form the control of the diameters of the connection points