In SW assembly how to connect by a straight metal cable inclined two pieces together and which are not in the same plane

Hello 

I have two pieces in different planes (e.g. a disc and a metal support with a hole for the cable pass) that are in assembly of parts that I would like to connect  them by a straight inclined metal cable. I tried by schematizing this with a 3d sketch  line that connects the two parts and then extrude it, it doesn't work, nothing happens. Then, by using inserted a new part in assembly and also with the creation of an inclined plane using the faces of the two parts in question, I ended up having a kind of tube connecting the two pieces but I can't constrain it properly and in addition the created plane encounters reference problems.

In fact, I want to draw a cable with a kind of knot at the end that is inserted into a hole and then I connect this cable with the other piece. 

If someone can help me, it's really appreciating

I'm in SW 2016.

Thank you in advance 

1 Like

Hello

It will be easier for everyone with images. The explanations are not easy to follow.

2 Likes

actually you're trying to extrude a 3D sketch? It will be complicated. 

Maybe a scan.

Is the cable tight? Thus?

1 Like

Hello @AVATAR100,

Since it is an assembly, your second proposal seems the most suitable: create a "Cable" part by extrusion and/or revolution according to its section and ends, insert it into the assembly, and constrain its position with respect to the other two elements (disc and support).
Either by defining conjugated shapes on the cable and the two parts (spherical spans) with a coaxiality constraint, or more simply by using sketch points with a coincidence constraint.

Since I don't have a 2016 version, I can only offer you images of this superb suspended record...

Have a good end of the day.

cable0.png

Hello

First of all, thank you for your help

Indeed I forgot to send you an image. The image I managed to make unfortunately is not too clear, but at least it gives you an idea, I hope, of what I want to do.

Thank you

capture1.jpg