Removal Material?

Hi all 

Can't we do a material removal when we use  the text in a sketch I use a font

who makes  successive  holes in me I would like to punch them but it doesn't.

Thank you for your answers

Marco

Hello

It depends on the font used; I have ozone and it works.

See PJ under 2016

plinthe_elliptique.sldprt
1 Like

Hello

Yes it works, but if you put as a support text, a curve  I can't remove matter.

but for me the ideal is to find a font that leaves me only a "line" like for an i, not an outline after its I would just have to put a hole in my desired side

and to remove the material then repetitions on curve would be much better

I'm still looking

thank you for your answer

Marco

Can you post your piece?

I often add/remove material with text and I don't encounter any problems.

Hello

I'm not an expert, but it works very well, I'm on sw18 SP4, on the previous versions it also works ...

Kind regards.

2020-01-06_161343.jpg

Hello, here is another example of the finished piece ...@+

2020-01-06_161258.jpg

Hello again, here's another example ...@+.

2020-01-06_162325.jpg

Here is the result.. @+

2020-01-06_162358.jpg

As for everyone else, it is functional with the font indicated by ac cobra 427  or another as indicated in your previous request. (https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/texte-sur-tole)

You should not choose bold text because sometimes the punching crosses or takes a curve that is too tight (same result)

And then no worries even with a removal of material.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Thank you for looking into my problem, in fact, it works very well with a support curve except that it was an autan spline for me but  if you had a font that lets me we will say that an axis to speak quickly, it would suit me better I could control the diameter of the holes and with a repetition on curve the case would be played., Thank you again for your answers

Marco.

1 Like

Hello

I think you have to tinker to achieve this because Sw can't make text like programming software. Either make it in the file use for programming or use the writing of the Sw then leave the sketch and trace the construction line in the middle of this writing then place your circles there for the removal of material or write manually in a construction line in a sketch and place your holes manually.

Once the text is frozen, it is possible to transform the letter entities into sketch entities by right-clicking on the text in the sketch/dissolving the sketch text.