Remove material from several sketches at once?

Hello, wouldn't there be a technique to remove material without selecting everything (Sketches) 1 by 1 please?

capture.png5464654.png

Hello

Which version are you on and can you share your file for us to take a look at?

Hello

Which version are you on and can you share your file for us to take a look at?

Hello, I'm under version 2018

garde_corps.sldprt

Hello

You can select the sketch directly, when I got your file the removal of material was done on all the sheet metal and only the shapes remained. Simply tilt the side to remove the material.

It's faster than selecting all 400 shapes... On the other hand, you may have to redo the perimeter according to what you want to get.

2 Likes

Hello

For the same sketches, I will propose to use linear repeating in the 3D function,

so you remove the material only on the part you want, then you repeat it on it's the same shape

You indicate the distance or the number of repetitions, then I can't really see the size of your 3D:)

Good afternoon

Centor

2 Likes

Merci A lot, I was stuck for hours :)

Hello

As stated by @Centor, it is very important that your functions are as simple as possible for SOLIDWORKS to build. So indeed I strongly encourage you to create a material removal of one of the shapes and to use linear repetition or use function symmetries, etc... You will save calculation time and if the shape changes you only have to modify one.

Kind regards

4 Likes