Remove the zeros on the right within the tolerances

Hi all!

I would like to know if it was possible to remove a useless 0 on the right in this case:

Because I've already gone to Option > Document Properties > Dimensions > Zero to the right > Remove but it doesn't fit. I think it's not possible because the accuracy of the tolerances must be .123 for the upper tolerance and therefore automatically the inf terminal follows.
I also looked to change the drawing but nothing helped.

Thank you, have a good day

1 Like

We had that problem too!

What we did is that we put a precision of .1, and if we enter a value of more than a tenth, the length updates automatically.

But there is still a small problem with this solution, if you modify this in your options and you already have dimensions created, they will all round up to a tenth (which is super dangerous). So I made a macro that covers all the dimensions and adapts their lengths according to the value.

4 Likes

It is also possible, in the settings, to set the zeros to the right in "Standard - Standard" mode, but there is a problem, the corner dimensions are set to 3 digits (On the value) by default, and this is probably a bug in SolidWorks.
That's why we opted for my first Solution.

2 Likes

Thank you KVuilleumier for your very clear answers. I 'll leave the subject open for the moment but I think it's not possible to solve my problem "directly" with SW.

1 Like

Have you tested the first solution I gave? I changed his home a few weeks ago, and we had no problems and it works great.

1 Like

And so, did my solution work or not? (I guess with 3 thumbs up I'm not off the mark).

1 Like

Hi all

KVuilleumier, could you give a little more precision on your STP solution?

Thank you

1 Like

Yes of course, basically in the options you put 1 digit by default, but when you enter your tolerance, the number of digits will adjust automatically.

Above, the settings of the packaging standards

Then when you indicate a tolerance, for example simetry, you have 0.0 by default

And if you add numbers, the number of digits adjusts automatically.

2 Likes