Survey Technician salaries

Hi all

A bit of a taboo question, but you may be able to help me find my place!

I am on a fixed-term contract in an SME, which works quite well, and my work, basically, is preliminary project (study, 3D modeling ), costing, verification of execution plans, site monitoring and technical support to our various agencies spread across France.

I like it, I see myself there, and my boss is happy with my work. However, the salary package is not very attractive. There is the salary over 12 months, and,.... Uh... nothing. In addition the gross salary is 2000€/month, which can be correct when you start, but I'm 37 years old. I accepted this salary to place myself (because I am freshly retrained), to show my know-how and interpersonal skills, but with the idea of asking for more in case of hiring, after having proven myself.

My boss has already told me about my future permanent contract and I warned him that I was going to negotiate.

What do you advise me? How high can I go? What is your salary if you are in your forties and a technician? in gross annual terms, bonuses, etc...

I'm afraid of asking too much and not being credible. And if I ask little, I can sit on the evolution of the salary afterwards, given what I hear here and there in the company... It is now said that the salary must be negotiated at the beginning because increases are so difficult to obtain...

Thank you!

Chacha

So it's 24,000 Gross per year 

that you have if it will be  interesting to know 

your coef and define your exact task your number of hours 

look at the ads that are lying around on the net including temporary work

See the salary scale on our friend Google

3 Likes

Hello

It's not just the salary; I'm in the same age group. I also have a little bit of the salary quoted and to see what I'm worth I sent CVs and I could have had 5000 more per year without bonuses and etc but I wouldn't have done what I like anymore (costing, laser programming, buying etc) there it would have been only drawing. You have to know what you want. To evolve properly you would have to change companies every 5 years but it implies more travel because I think that companies like the one where you work, there are not many of them.... Hoping I was able to help you a little, I also think you could see to plan a career and salary plan in your contract according to the objectives to be achieved..

2 Likes

Hello

click on this link, it can give you an idea....

http://droit-finances.commentcamarche.net/faq/26313-grille-des-salaires-syntec-pour-les-etam-et-les-cadres#salaires-des-etam

Cdt

1 Like

or this one

https://www.google.fr/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1GIGM_enFR674FR674&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=grille+de+salaire+metallurgie

1 Like

The location is also important: we don't have the same salary in Nice as in Guéret.
The size of the company (SME is too vague) is also important.
Shift at 35 or 39 hours a week?

What you describe as a position is more of a project manager than a technician.

Personally, in Nice, in a company of 10-15 people, with 10 more years, for a pure tech job (study, drawing, management of the information park) at 39 hours, I'm more like 30K€ per year. But indeed, I have almost the same salary since I was hired, which I had negotiated well (being lucky). On the other hand, I have a certain freedom of my time: no imposed closure period unless there is a lack of work (we have a fairly cyclical activity), a good atmosphere.

It also remains to be seen what your family responsibilities are and what lifestyle you want...

Nothing prevents you from signing your permanent contract (you are blocked for 3 months at worst) and continuing to look. In addition, given your position, you have access to a great panel of companies to possibly solicit.

1 Like