Saving and opening a . CGR

Hello

When I try to record a piece in . CGR or when I try to open one I get the following message that appears:
"The selected add-in is not a valid SolidWorks add-in"

Is there a solution so that I can open the . CGR?

Note that the Catia parts open without problem and that I have this message whether 3Dinterconnect is activated or not

I'm on Solidworks 2021, premium version.

You don't try cgr files newer than your version of SW? Hence an incompatibility perhaps?
If the CGR is saved in a format that is too recent on Catia (>2021), SW may not recognize it.
Edit: For the Cgr, you may also need to have catia on the same post for it to work.

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to the forum,
I just did a test with SW22SP5 I save a piece in *.cgr and I open it without worry.
Have you tried sbadenis? It is therefore very likely that there is a version problem

Hello, thank you for your answers

I asked for the version of Catia from which the cgr files are generated, I was given the following answer: R2024x HotFix 0.33. So a priori a more recent version than my solidworks.

I actually don't have CATIA installed on my computer.

On the other hand I don't understand why I can't save in .cgr when solidworks offers me but I opened a ticket with the visiativ support.

2 Likes

Hi all

After having the visiativ support it turns out that I just had to activate 3DInterconnect for it to work.
It seemed to me that I had done the test by activating and deactivating it but obviously I had not done the test with 3DInterconnect activated. Sorry.