Save bodies in separate files

Hello,

During a pre-study, I often create part files composed of several bodies, and when I move on to detailed study, I would like to save the bodies in separate files.

When I go through save the bodies, it saves in separate files, but it remains linked to the original file and there are no creation functions in the tree.

Does anyone have an idea to be able to save the bodies in separate files by breaking the link with the original part but keeping the creation functions?

I'm on SW 2016.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Lock and break external references

You can lock, unlock, or break the external references of the following:

When you lock the external references of a component, existing references are no longer updated, and you cannot add new references to that component.

Once the external references are unlocked , you can add new references or edit existing references.

When you break external references, existing external references are no longer updated and cannot be restored. You can add new references to the component.

To lock, unlock, or break external references:

1. In the FeatureManager authoring tree, right-click the feature, component, body, or part and select List External References.

1. View the information and set the options in the External References for dialog box.

2.  Click OK.

You have the option to: Do not create External references when designing elements in the context of an assembly.

@+

1 Like

Hello

For me the only solution if you want to keep your build history and do "Save-As" x times and in each file created keep only the items you need.

Otherwise, rather than working in multi-body part mode in pre-study, you should work in assembly with virtual components.

@+

9 Likes

Hello

Save As and remove unwanted bodies...

Or remove external refs from parts with the save bodies function and launch FeatureWorks.

2 Likes

I thought it was possible to save bodies in separate files without having a link on the original file.

I'm going to copy my parts file as many times as there are bodies for this time, and I'm going to review my way of working by creating an assembly file and inserting virtual parts as Coyote mentioned.

Thank you all.

1 Like