Enroulement_Problème_Déformations slight sketch when rolled up

Hello

I'm posting this question because I'd like to improve my use of solidworks and especially in the scan function with a body.

As an attachment, I will post an image of the part I have to make and also the part in a Solidworks 2019 file so that you can help me more easily.

Here is my problem: I tried to make the complex shape that we see on the image using the Scan function with a body (A hemispherical cutter) but unfortunately the software refused me the construction validation when I made my arrows.

So I went to the Embossing Winding function to make this shape, but the problem with this function is that it distorts the sketch when it unwinds on the outer diameter. 

My part does not correspond perfectly to what I want, moreover I need to have an exact 3D file for CAM manufacturing.

Thank you in advance for your help and wish you a good day.

f6130-tampon_trenner.sldprt

What I sometimes do for toolpaths is to draw the part without the machining, draw the shape to be removed (give it volume and not merge) and then subtract the volume of the sweep from the 1st volume. That way you can more easily control the form to subtract.

To Subtract a body from another Tools/Function/Combine then take the Subtract option.

3 Likes

Oh yes indeed, it can, maybe worked like that, but it complicates the 3d and its reading by another person a bit.

Isn't there a way to know how to use this solidworks function perfectly?

Hello

As sbadenis said, you can better  control the shape via bodies.

Here's an example  of a piece we have in our house.

I worked with combinations of bodies and surfaces. I'm in SW2017

Kind regards

wrap.sldprt
1 Like

Good morning, sir

First, thank you for the time you have given me to answer my question.

I opened your 3D and indeed it works like this, it's a bit complex to draw but at least it has the merit of looking perfectly like what a cutter would machine,

It's a solution that I can use but it takes a long time to put in place.

Nevertheless, I can still send a message to Solidworks to find out how they would do with a body scan function.

Thank you very much!