GSD entity used in an optimized copy

Hi all

In GSD, you usually have to build wireframe elements (points, lines, ...) to then use a function that will create a surface (extrusion, revolution, sweep, etc.).
It is often necessary to build the vertices, then the edges of the future surface, then the elements that will define the behavior of the surface, the crossing points, the tangency directions, etc. 

"When creating an optimized copy, wireframe elements (dots, ...) are of no interest. Only surface inputs are useful and the elements that were used to create them .
Also, we don't bother to keep the history, a copy paste as a result lightens the graph and makes the selection as a parent more visible only on the entries of the copy." (Quote Franck).

Can you make me a little video to illustrate this last point? A very simple example will suit me but here, I don't see the process yet.

Thank you again for your help.

P.S: following a discussion with Franck (whom I thank again for his help with the forum), I created this post because it may be of interest to other people.

A+

Hello

1 Like

Another way to reduce the graph while keeping the elements used to create the function.

Start at the end!!

Instead of creating the elements you need one after the other, you can directly select the desired function and create the building elements in reverse while still being in the control of the desired function.

CATIA then stores the parent elements under the function's (+) node.

When this node is closed, only the final function is seen

Watch video

reduction-graphe.mp4
2 Likes

OK. Thank you for this feedback. I understand the idea of your second post. On the other hand, less so the first one because the images are too small.