Stroke Thickness in a Frame

Hello everyone,

In the drawing of one of my products, I made a detail view of a net. This net is identical to multiple references, so I wish I didn't have to do this view every time. That's why I'd like to create a block of it so that I only have to insert it as a block in my other drawings. The problem is that in my detail view the lines have the right thicknesses but when I transform into a block I lose these thicknesses and I end up with a simple "drawing" where the lines are all identical.

So my question is: Could you tell me how to keep these different stroke thicknesses in a block please? Or once the block is created, how do I edit the strokes?

Thank you for your answers & Have a nice day

Hello

why not make a screen print then crop and then you will paste your image in your MEPs as you want...

3 Likes

Yes, it's a solution indeed, which I hadn't necessarily thought of... But that's less. "official". Unless I misunderstood the purpose of the blocks.

2 Likes

Hello

Line fonts in solidworks are managed via Tools ==> Options ==> Document Properties

Unfortunately, you can't manage fonts line by line.

The solution proposed by ac cobra 427 seems to me the simplest. Moreover, it is no less "official" than the hacking that will have to be done to manage these thicknesses via the properties of the document.

2 Likes

You are both right, thank you for your answers!

2 Likes

UP!

I'm re-opening this topic because I tried to insert an image as we said but it's of very poor quality when it shouldn't be. Do you know if there is a better format, better settings to use to do this please?