EPDM: Local Copy Absence

Hi all.

On a newly changed pc (this is important I think) someone wanted to archive a complete folder via the archive command.

However, instead of archiving, she extracted. Realizing her mistake, she cancels the operation via the cancel command.

But since then, the files are supposedly extracted by the person who performed the operation but the archive command returns a message that there is no local copy.

The only way to do this is to open the SW file, save it and then archive it from SW.

Have you ever encountered this problem and if so, how did you solve it?

Thank you in advance

Happydad

If the person wanted to archive, it means that the documents were extracted, right?

If the documents were extracted, how could  she extract them again?

On which PC and under which session does the error message occur?

For me, the person must open his session on the PC where the manipulation was done, do an epdm search of all his extracted files and archive them or cancel the extraction.

It's not wrong, I'll try to find out more.

I tried the archiving attempt was made on the workstation or the wrong manipulation was made, and with the same login. (I also tried with the admin login.) without success.

In fact, some of the files included in the folder were extracted (hence his desire to archive)

However, the archive command did not work, so the cancel extraction command was passed. (the only problematic files are those that were extracted by mistake).

@Pascal thank you, it clicked in my head when I saw your message.

For me, you have to try to repair on the PC and with the login that was used to create the problem.

Can you post an image of the search result of these files?

Can you post an image of the menu that appears when you right-click on one of the files that are causing problems?

Not the first time I've encountered a file problem extracted without a local copy, but I don't know how to reproduce it without clearing the local cache or recreating the view.

It is possible that the file will be extracted but on the old machine...

In any case, if there is no danger of data loss, just log in to "Admin" (this can be done from any machine) and right-click on the folder(s) and choose "Cancel extraction".

Only the Admin account has the ability to undo the extraction of any users from any machine.

EDIT: Incidentally, you will have to check the box "Undo extraction" in the "Undo extraction" window.