Local EPDM

Hello

I had a question about the installation of EPDM. Indeed I don't have a server but I would still like to use EPDM to facilitate the search for parts, the backup...

So I wanted to know if it was possible to install EPDM locally?

Thank you

Software: Solidworks 2015, Windows 7 64 bit

I don't know but I'm interested in it too!
1 Like

It seems complicated to me.

Normally you need 2 servers:

• SQL SERVER
  • DATA SERVER

In addition, the installation is not simple and requires (quite advanced) computer skills.

Do you have EPDM licenses?

1 Like

So I contacted support , so it's possible to install EPDM locally, but it's not official.

Apparently it installs like on the server but indeed it' s complicated, for the moment I can't install it...

Yes, I have an EPDM license

I would have been interested in it too but looking at the EPDM (http://www.solidworks.fr/SW_Rel_EPDM_Datasheet/) data sheet, I think it's gone:

You need a machine with Windows Server 2008.

1 Like

That's why you have to install windows server on your PC. 

I'll see if I can install it, but I think I'll spend some time on it...

Why do you want to install EPDM locally?

What's the point?

Apart from the installation, which is not within everyone's reach, the configuration (of maps, worklows,....) is not easy.

The EPDM Admin training is 2 days to be able to get by.

1 Like

The advantage is to be a startup and not be able to get a server. To be alone 4 days out of 5 working on the CAD.

EPDM will serve me more for everything related to parts research, versioning.. Only for collaborative work

In addition, the other person who works with me once a week will be able to connect to the base on my PC without any problem

"Collaborative work" = server, you don't have much choice.

EPDM requires a lot of administration, do you know that?

2 Likes

A small waiter can do the trick right?

http://www8.hp.com/fr/fr/products/proliant-servers/product-detail.html?oid=7273957#!tab=specs

I had given another member some information (and a file of presentation of the EPDM).

To see:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/epdm/epdm-perfomance?page=0#answer-494464

1 Like

Hello

Why not create a VM with a Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher and use it locally from your computer. You just have to buy a Windows Server license but not a full server.

@+

2 Likes

It's a solution that I had considered, but I don't know how to go about it at all...

If you have a solution I'm interested

Coyote's solution is a possibility, but you're going to go to a gas plant that is oversized for your needs.

As FLegendre said, to configure EPDM you need to know more than a little about it, but also to configure W Server and to interface the VM with the main machine  (can we give an IP address to the VM independently of that of the physical machine?).

There are 2 of you, it shouldn't be too much to synchronize to manage your versions and file filing methods.

W7 makes it easy and efficient to search for files, SW explorer allows you to manage use cases.

For backups, there are a few programs (more or less free) that allow you to manage them.

1 Like

I managed to install PDM locally, but after telling you that everything works well I still have a big step to take.

But at least I was able to create a safe, a project and save my pieces and modify the versions...

Thank you for all your answers, now I'm moving on to the administration and I'll need your help there too

1 Like