Text Equation

Hello

I have an object that, basically, is composed of a body and on this body, there are several sketches composed of text, all identical, that I extrude. I would have liked to know if there is a way to make the texts all change when I change one? Same question for an assembly, is it possible to edit its text sketch in an assembly so that it is the same as the text of another part?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Maybe by playing with the font of the document.

If you set the font of the document to the one you want by default.

By changing it, everything should follow, right?

1 Like
Hello, why not use a field or function repetition?

I expressed myself very badly.

Basically, I want to mark the reference of my parts on my parts. However, I have several configurations and I would have liked the text to change according to the name of the configuration.

Then, for assembly, I have other parts, all identical, that go on my previously referenced parts and I would like the text of my identical parts to change according to the configuration to which they are attached... It may be a bit complicated but basically, I would like to know everything about the texts in the sketches, what relationships can be attributed to them according to the configurations, the properties... I haven't found any tutorials on the subject :-/

Now it's getting hot... There would have to be a variable corresponding to the text, and I don't think that exists.

I'll have to get around the problem but now I'm drying up

If it's for engraving, it's better to indicate it on the plan with your table plan

2 Likes

Hi Joss,

It is possible, just use the name of the configuration as the text. And if it's another text, you have to add a property that evolves according to the configuration and point the text to it. View image

screenshot591.jpg
4 Likes

Well, for me, it's enough to do as for classic function configurations.

Make a lettering by configurations, and right-click on each sketch to link it to a config.

Nothing rocket science, is it? where I missed a step....^^

3 Likes

Hi @ Joss

by creating library functions that you will have taken care to store in the right place

you can make copies and recopies of it at your leisure

See this link

Create and modify a library feature

http://bib.altitech.free.fr/aide_altitech/generalites/mfb2_.htm

it's for old + versions but quite feasible in terms of philosophy work with the new versions

@+ ;-))

1 Like

An example to illustrate. (SW13)

joss-gravure.sldprt
1 Like

Wow... To think about it better, I should have thought about it on my own :-/
Not very well awake this weekend;p
I think I didn't think about it because the name of my configs is not the text I want to write on my parts but it's true that it's much easier to do it like that!

Thank you all for your answers!!

1 Like