Solidworks Message Equation

Hello

Solidworks message after copying a parameterized model with equations.

When I copy this template and rename it, this is the message it shows me. (see in attachment)

Is this normal? How can I avoid this?

I'm waiting for your answers, thank you in advance.

message_solidworks.jpg

Hello

In fact, SolidWorks would like to know which assembly to base its equations on.

I would answer "yes" to the question, because I think you want the equations to "follow" your parts and assemblies, right?

8 Likes

Hello

I agree with Pl. If you want the equations to remain linked to the assembly, you have to click YES if you don't want them anymore, do no and then you will have to delete them in the copied part.

2 Likes

Yes I understand but he does it even on models copied and saved several times.

Is there any way to get this message anymore?

No, since there is no box to "don't ask anymore", I think we can't avoid this message.

And is it normal that he shows it to me on a model already registered after having already answered "yes" to the message?

Hello

Look in your equations if there isn't one that would still point to the first assembly just in case...

1 Like

No, it doesn't point to the old assembly, otherwise the equations wouldn't work....

He asks you if the old equations should match with the new ones.

Since your files have been renamed. Sw wants to match the new names with the old equations.... (For me it's clear^^)

I think that by making a composition to take away by attaching the equations file, this message disappears... to be tested.

If you copy a piece with equations and you don't need them anymore, you have to delete them so you'll be safe.

gestion_des_equations.docx