Equations

Hello everyone,

I create an assembly in which I create parts (inserted into the assembly, like Part1^Assembly1, Part2^Assembly1, etc.).

I would like to be able to link the dimensions of the assembly parts together. I would like to point out that the parts are linked to the assembly.

Is there a tutorial or an expert on this kind of manipulation?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

For my part , unless I'm wrong, the desired dimension will be a position constraint (dimension) in the assembly, and displaying the dimensions through the visibility control, and going through configurations directly in the display of the position dimension, that's all I see to troubleshoot.

@+.

Ar.

You can put an equation in the assembly directly and this equation can drive the length, width or other side of your part.

The part will update when you open your assembly.

See video example attached. (gif)

equation.png
yxorouunpm.gif
3 Likes

Hello

Here is a tutorial with controlling dimensions  via equations in assembly, it can help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDo7qMDtrt0

CDLT

1 Like

Hello

We use this kind of assembly a lot.

The easiest way we found was to put a pilot sketch and plans in the assembly. The parts are fixed on this sketch and have "extrusion to" functions and a point or plane of the pilot sketch is selected.

The equations work well too (but there can be problems in case of copying / renaming assembly).

5 Likes

For simple equations, the method I propose works perfectly. For more complex equations, we also use the @froussel method with a skeleton sketch (in the assembly), and it is this sketch that drives the other parts.

For the equation problems in case of copying / renaming I find that the latest versions of sw have greatly improved these problems (sw2020)

2 Likes