Foxation lug

Hello

Small problem with a part.

I need to place fixing lugs and frankly I've tried everything (at least I think) and impossible to place any.
Too much trouble.

If anyone has an idea?

Thank you

Franck... y goes to Hollywood

coque_joint_sortie_tp_01.sldprt

Good evening

Do you have a picture or a sketch of what you would like as dewclaws???

Something like that???

coque_joint_sortie_tp_01_avec_ergots.sldprt

AC COBRA 427

No, I don't have a sketch, I was just thinking of using the Solidworks one, just to make my life easier, but in the end it's a real headache.
In fact I just need some kind of atttache to keep the 2 parts closed.
Otherwise, indeed I have the solution to do it by myself, like you did.

I had tried to use the lug function but without success; That is why I have designed it as in my previous answer.

1 Like

Hello

Thank you for the tip which actually helped me a lot.

The problem was that my segment was not totally straight, with your example I was able to create my lug thanks to the function.

So, I modified my part in all the leave functions, I even made rounds with splines, which allowed me to get straight edges.

For the curves, I simply did a vertical surface extrusion allowing me to place my lug as I wanted.

The lug function is still very practical when we have to move them, since the housings are placed automatically, faster, than moving them one by one.

I attach the file that I use as a test for those who might be interested.

coque_joint_sortie_tp_01.sldprt

Hello

Ok perfect, if I could help you.

Thank you to validate me as the best answer by clicking on the link in my answer.

Good luck and see you soon on the site ;-)

The part has a lot of lugs, because I specify again that it is a test part.

At thank you again ac_cobra 427 for your answer.

I don't really understand.... You say that I helped you a lot and you validate yourself as the best answer!! Where is the logic????

1 Like