Reference error

Hello

To speed up my work, I make a drawing copy similar to the part I have to draw. and then I modify the reference.

Since this morning I have the error message attached:(

Do you have a solution to this problem.

Thank you in  advance.

erreur_reference.png

A drawing is always referenced via a part or assembly 

so yes you just have to take your part or assembly and modify it and

also redo your drawing

and not tried to modify this plan

@+

2 Likes

I think I explained myself badly, sorry:

So ^^ I have a room (1) with a plan.

I have another piece (2) resembling the (1). so I make a copy of the drawing (1)

Then I rename the copy of the drawing (1) with the name (2). 

Then opening the renamed drawing (2) I change the reference (doc attached)

So the drawing is done directly. But since this morning I have this error message.

I hope I've been explicit enough.

capture2.png
1 Like

Bad idea to do like its I think, it's better to register under... the plan and then the room rather than copying and pasting I think.

CDT

1 Like

I get this message when I make a mistake from a part to an assembly or conversely do you select the same type of file? 

4 Likes

Instead of renaming the copy of the drawing, it might be better to rename it by doing pack and go and thus make a copy of the plan and the part and then you make the modifications you need.

Otherwise you have the possibility to make a take-away composition. You select the room and the plan and no more reference problems!!  

Anyway with Solidworks you really have to be careful with "copy and paste"

He's very sensitive to that!!

Cdt

1 Like

Hello

A hack to help you out, the original part either you change the name or you move it to another folder. You open your copy of the plan and there normally you should have a massage of the type blah blah blah I can't find the piece do you want to look for it there you answer yes and you go look for the copy of the piece.

Finally, don't forget to go back with the original part.

May the force be with you

1 Like

The message is pretty self-explanatory and MaD is right: you're looking to replace a part with an assembly, which SW doesn't know how to do by the way you go.

3 Likes

Hello

I think like the others that it is indeed an attempt to replace a part by an  assembly or vice versa (I have rarely seen SW fail at this level).

On the other hand there is a flaw to exploit, from memory I had managed to change a part model by an assembly by doing the manipulation of replacing the model directly in the view (right click, replace the model).

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay,

I just need time off:)  Because yes "narrow-minded I am". I wanted to replace a part with an assembly.... oops

Thank you for your answers all the same. 

2 Likes