Script error when opening SolidWorks

Hi all

I have a scripting error when launching SolidWorks, I have already encountered the problem, but I can't find the solution, and it is not on Lynkoa.

This is when launching SolidWorks, and viewing the "SolidWorks Resources" in the task pane (see attached image).

erreur_scripts.png

Hi @ Lucas

it marabouter your version of SolidWorks 2014 SP 2?

you must have a conflict somewhere it's not possible

maybe you have other verses on it to create communication problems

@+ ;-)

1 Like

We had already had this problem some time ago and on older versions (2012 I think).

There is only the 2014 SP2 installed on the station.

ta not a few solid files lying around somewhere

@+ ;-)

Hello

Wouldn't it be your internet explorer that crashes the html module, and suddenly crashes solidworks???

Try an IE update and try to see.

Have you tried to open the source file to see if anything is wrong?

When I launch the source file, it tells me:

"Internet Explorer has restricted the execution of an X-enabled script or control... "

Just to be precise, SolidWorks works!

And by opening it with another browser (chrome, firefox...)?

Quite to type the shortcut in the address bar.

Chrome doesn't tell me there's a problem, but it doesn't display texts (like the first image with the question).

Hmm, weird..

Your script is buggy, ok, but we can't even know which command is.

After the ActiveX it's all or nothing, it can be an animation of nothing at all like a system update...

I would be tempted to tell you to re-install but I think it might start to be a lot...

Windows is up to date? IE too?

Update everything, and it should work again. ;)

1 Like
I just did a reinstallation... And everything is already up to date! I tried to reinstall 2 add-ons, I'll keep you posted tomorrow.

Try going to Tools, Option, General, uncheck "Show most recent news feeds in task pane"

if the error is still present go to the folder C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SW (SolidWorks Version)\SolidWorks\data\taskpane\common
Find the taskpanefuncs.js file, delete it and then repair solidworks

Hello

ActiveX is purely related to Internet Explorer and it's becoming obsolete by the way (Html5 ect).

It's an Internet Explorer error you have. IE is often used as a third-party web page reader by a whole bunch of software. In the worst case, if you don't use the page in question, you can delete all the code in it if you don't want to get the error anymore. IE day meter would be a good idea but I doubt it will work.

With notepad, opens swresources.html

Go to line 149

and look at the faulty character

delete it and save.

(Of course before doing that, make a copy of your files!)

Sion send your file directly I'll look

2 Likes

The problem was no longer apparent but I found an SPR on this subject:

https://customerportal.solidworks.com/eservice_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=InvokeMethod&SWEMethod=GotoRecord&SWEService=SWGotoRecord&ViewName=SW+Solution+Preview+View+eService&BusObject=Solution&BusComp=Solution&Id=1-13TTEO0&SRN=

Hello

Launch Solidworks

Go to the "tools" menu

then "Complements"

Uncheck right and left "Solidworks Forum xxxx"

After that I didn't get this message anymore

@+