Import error

Hello

I imported parts (engines) from our suppliers into SW but despite an import diagnosis and a verified one the errors are still there. How to remove them? forced him to say that everything is fine?

Thanks in advance

error.jpg

Good evening, have you tried to open your import part like a part and then repair it?

Because your arbo looked like an import of assembly in igs or step. so we can open the elements one by one and repair them

1 Like

Yes, there are some formats that generate more errors than others.

I don't know how to remove these errors, I'm also interested in advice.

In any case, when I have the choice to import, I take Parasolid, it's with this format in general that I have the least errors.

3 Likes

Hello

A trick that sometimes works: put the part in an assembly and then save the assembly in part...

But often you have to deal with it...

Good night

1 Like

Good evening

A trick that sometimes works is to temporarily delete the functions that are not failed and keep only one function (which is failed), run the diagnosis on it. Sometimes, solidworks manages to repair. 

To be tested but without guarantee of results.

2 Likes

Good evening

In the kind of grandmother's method that dates back more than 10 years, once you have corrected as many errors as possible, re-save your part in STEP or Parasolid and open this file. It sometimes solves these mistakes!

Otherwise at the level of the import diagnosis, what I have already seen work is to repair the discontinuities one by one rather than asking to "repair everything".

3 Likes

Repairing it one by one works pretty well indeed. On the other hand, it's long and tedious!

3 Likes

When I have a step full of errors when opening in Solidworks, I save it in parasolid and I open it. As if by magic, no more mistakes. All that remains is to register in part.

1 Like