Error during SOLIDWORKS 2013 64bit installation

During the installation of the SolidWorks 2013 64bits software I carried out all the instructions of the installation but after a while an error message prevents the installation from proceeding. see the attached image, please, it's urgent.

eurreur_lors_dinstallation_solidworks_2013_64bits.jpg

What's your setup?

At first glance, I would say that it is not enough...

Is the installation done from a DVD or a download folder?

1 Like

I copied and pasted the DVD1 on my breau and then I copied and pasted the DVD2 into the dvd1

here are the configirations of my PC

configuration_de_mon_pc.pdf

Hello

As the error message says, an installation file is corrupted.

This can happen when downloading from the SolidWorks site, if your connection is not properly filtered. Micro-outages then occur and files can be corrupted, therefore unusable.

The best solution would be to use an installation DVD.

In case this is not possible, you must delete the folder of the previous SolidWorks download, and restart the latter to try to obtain functional files.

This folder is located by default in this location:

C:\Users\Documents\SolidWorks Downloads

Finally, if your web connection does not allow you to obtain the installation files quickly and reliably, you can request an installation DVD from your authorized SolidWorks reseller. This operation is perfectly free, so you might as well take advantage of it...

(At Axemble anyway !)

Kind regards.

1 Like

Why copy the 2 DVDs locally?

Knowing that the installations of each DVD depend on the OS you are using and are entirely independent: in 64 bit you only need the 64 bit DVD.

2 Likes

First of all, the connection is not enough to download the DVD from the network, then I took these two DVDs from a friend 

Then I use the DVD for a direct installation, here is the error message that goes up.

You will find attached the error message as well as the contents of the two DVDs.

ereur_dvd1dvd2.pdf

By cross-checking the answer of fthomas, if we paste version 32 into version 64 it overwrites files, and the cost no longer possible to install the software.

kit to have the DVD on the desktop, rather make an image of it and open it with daemon tools (virtual dvd player)

or simply make a copy of the dvd (be careful in DVD-DL because it is larger than 4.7Gb)

But it seems weird to me and looks more like a solidsquad installation....

So if there is no serial number, no license

No arms, no chocolate

1 Like

The error message indicates that the serial number is not recognized by the solidworks database, you tell me that you have recovered DVDs from a friend, and tell me about network connection to download but we don't need it in this case.

Your computer is equipped with a DVD drive, so you just have to put the 64 bit SolidWorks DVD and then during the installation enter the SOLIDWORKS serial number... serial number that must have been provided by your dealer ... But have you bought Solidworks?

2 Likes

This is to disable the Direct Memory Access controller. 
       Under XP....  
       Device Manager. View Resources 
       Click on the DMA controller. 
       Deactivate it at the bottom of the box...  
       (IMPORTANT.... note the handling. in order to be able to re-enable the DMA controller. then).