Mistake ->? despite the suppression of the sketch

">?"   indicates the loss of an external reference

In my room, no errors are displayed

I have to undo the deletion of the functions for the errors to appear

Isn't there a solution to remove the links when the function or sketch is deleted and this kind of error is no longer displayed?

Thank you in advance.

Solidworks 2017 - SP1

That's a useful answer... Thank you!!!!

I imagine that you must be working with a 2013 SP5 version in order to be sure that there are no more bugs.

You have to right-click on the function and have it deleted.

When deleting, Sw asks if to remove the parent/child functions.

Click yes and it should work.

Hello

Your sketch was probably related to a part that was deleted or changed. To remove the error you just have to edit it and break the link, there will be a little khaki thing that will signal it. You delete it and either you dimension the sketch or fix it so that it is fully constrained, then this error will disappear.

Thank you for the answer, on the other hand I want to keep the function and the sketch for the time being, it is a provisional modification in order to visualize the various impacts.

Have you tried to disable the sketch (which automatically deactivates the function)

1 Like

Agree with Pascal

Hello

Thank you for your answers

Yes I deleted "disabled" the sketch, so there is no more error, but in the assembly I still have the question mark saying that there is an error.

The question mark does not indicate an error, just that the reference in question is not loaded into memory (to save processing time).
This implies that there may be changes that are not taken into account.

If you open the reference (with your assembly in mind), the question mark will disappear.

4 Likes