Opening error

Hello.

I want to open files that I created myself on my computer, except that, I receive this error message attached

message_erreur.png

Hello

When making a copy of the file on the desktop for example, and trying to open it after closing SolidWorks, there is the same error?

And is it possible to test on another workstation?

Sometimes the files get corrupted and there's nothing you can do!

2 Likes

Hello

it has also happened to me before and as PL the files are corrupted and we can't do anything!

Even the technical support of Solidworks couldn't help me... You have to start again.

Unless you have an automatic backup and then you may be able to recover one.

In C:\TEMP\TIMEW.

Good luck.

2 Likes

.pl:

I restarted my PC, I copied the files to the company's network, tried to open it on another computer, made a copy with a different name on my computer  and nothing works  :(

manu67:

No auto backup, it was a while since the file was opened.

How come files get  corrupted?

I've already had this problem.

I had to start my drawing again:( 

1 Like

CORRUPTION remains a mystery, but in general they are corrupt because someone offered more money than you!

6 Likes

Can you do a recovery on your server the day after it was created???

Maybe someone has been working on it since then and got corrupted during its last recording...

1 Like

manu67:

The problem is that the file being a prototype, remained only in my PC. so no copy on the network. and so..... I have only my eyes to cry  ^^^...

Hello

Are there "Oldversions" on SolidWorks? Because on Inventor the latest versions of the files are saved in a specific folder as a backup

Eureka!!!!!

I work with Solidworks 2014.

I have the 2015 version is also installed on my computer.

So out of habit I work in 2014 and then I tried to open with the 2015 version and it worked.

Thank you all for your contribution, I will gladly share with you the points of resolution, but we have to make a choice.

A big thank you.

3 Likes

It's cool if you managed to open it with the 2015... Make a backup so you're sure. @+

1 Like

manu67 the problem is that there is only my computer that is equipped with the 2015 and I would like to be able to recover it on 2014  so I will have to  recover my files by restarting  each function but at least I know my dimensions.

Save it in STEP and then you can open it in 2014 and reset the functions of your parts thanks to FeatureWorks...

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/fworks/c_Overview_of_FeatureWorks.htm?verRedirect=1

1 Like

I tried but I have a problem with FeatureWorks that won't launch ^^^.

yes I know it's a disaster....

That's it, I redid my pieces (fortunately there were only 3).

A big thank you

1 Like

Eureka!!!!!

I work with Solidworks 2014.

I have the 2015 version is also installed on my computer.

So out of habit I work in 2014 and then I tried to open with the 2015 version and it worked.

Thank you all for your contribution, I will gladly share with you the points of resolution, but we have to make a choice.

A big thank you.