3D sketching and welded mechanic

Hi all

How to create a welded mechanic with a rectangular profile: I manage to create it for the lower part, and the upper part, but I can't orient it for the side pillars.

esquisse_3d.jpg

Hello .PL, did you click on "New group"? 

3 Likes

Hello

In the feature manager, when creating the vertical uprights, you have to orient them with the lines of the low or high sketches.

See attached file

@+

esquisse_3d_pl.sldprt
3 Likes

Another example closer to what you want I think

@+

esquisse_3d_pl_bis.sldprt

@Aurélien: thank you I create several groups, my problem is only for the orientation of the profile!

Then there is also the possibility of orienting the body created if you can't do it with the Coyote solution:

Benoit's answer to my question: http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/decaler-un-profil-mecano-soude-solidworks

With a "displacement" of the body and constraint

1 Like

You bring out the big artillery@Aurélien ^^ Normally with the technique of @Coyotte it goes very well.

You have to click the tab "adjusted" and then you play with the angulation if it's a matter of angulation. Or with "position the profile" if it's to put it inside, outside etc of your construction lines.

On the other hand, for this last option, you need to have points to create in the sketch of your profile

reglages.jpg
3 Likes

edit: Message doubled from the previous one. If moderation can remove it;)

reglages.jpg

This is the Rambo method of CAD:)

5 Likes

It's clever to make me laugh in the middle of the office like that! :D

4 Likes

See attached file

highlighting the change in profile positioning

Create X Groups 

see attached files under SW 2012

@+

mecano_soude_-pl.sldprt
2 Likes