3D Sketch sld2011

Hello/Good evening everyone!

After multiple failures and various methods used, I turn to the Lynkoa community in the hope of finding a solution =D

I have to make a trajectory following the groove in the attached half-cylinder. Alas, after trying to create plans, a simple sketch and a 3D sketch. I found myself like a chicken in front of a fork.

A 3D sketch in a vacuum I usually manage to get the shape I want, but following this groove... Is there a trick to staying in the center of this groove when making a sketch?

Kind regards

Yoann

came_trajectire.bmp

Can you attach your STP file so that we can do tests

Thank you

2 Likes

Is it an imported body or do you have access to the construction tree of this part?

The easiest way would be to use Insertions/Curve/Projected of the shape of the cam on the cylinder.

See illustration

screenshot234.jpg
3 Likes

by shifting the entities it doesn't work?

your extrution has been done 

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello

What prevents you from using one of the edges of the groove for the trajectory?

Otherwise an offset of the entities in a 3D sketch:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_OFFSET1.htm?id=ac503244c36f4321919bcd72fc21d497

Or, in a 3D sketch, convert an edge:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Convert_Edge.htm

Then a rehearsal!

3 Likes

Or, create the median surface of the 2 surfaces of a groove :

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_DVE_FEAT_MID_SURFACE.htm?id=afa62f0903e944aba95572e9bfec0e9b

Then convert the resulting surface into a curve.

3 Likes

Hello again

Thank you all for your quick answers^^

@Happydad: hoping it works, here is the attached part

@benoit.lf: I have access to the arbo', which showed me the strange origin of the groove '-' it's a bent piece... as a computer file, but a block machined (milling) in the workshop.

@gt22: unfortunately the entity offset does not work, the sketch is not the shape of the groove we see on the cylinder =(

@Lucas Prieur: Could the offset of the entities work and put the shape of the groove in the center of it?

came.sldprt

Hello again

I don't know if the trajectory is exactly respected with this solution, but it's rather long and... draft as a solution ^^'

So I used the entity conversion as Lucas advised me, I then created several lines between the two splines obtained from the conversion. I constrained these lines with the "equal" constraint, and then created a spline that went through the center of each of the lines.

I don't really know if it would give me the trajectory of an object passing in the center though '-'

solution_trajectoire.bmp

But I come back to my first idea:

What prevents you from using one of the edges of the groove for the trajectory?

See the SolidWorks help: you can constrain a distance from a trajectory:

Distance along the pathConstrains the vertex to a set distance from the end of the path. Enter the distance. Select Invert Dimension to change the end from which the distance is measured.

Source: http://help.solidworks.com/2013/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Path_Mate_SWassy.htm

1 Like

Personally I will opt for an offset surface. as Lucas suggested

The offset being half the width of your groove, all put into equation.

3 Likes

you open your unfolding 1 you see your unfolded part

and you open and create your guide sketch wherever you want 

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Surface shift as indicated by @Lucas and @Happydad seems the only simple way out.

The middle surface, which I liked, does not work on a sylindral cam unlike a cam on a plane (whatever the method of obtaining the cam, sheet metal or winding)

If you need to redo this part, you can use Insert/Function/Wind. This will save you from tinkering with sheet metal. But you will still have the same difficulties in getting the middle plan!

2 Likes

Hello

I agree with many a simple surface offset to half the value of the groove is the trajectory is obtained!

See image.

@+

came.png
4 Likes

offset surface works well see attached image

@+ ;-)

capture_came_surface_decale.png
2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers!

I didn't know this function ^^' but indeed it works very well, I think it will solve a lot of my problems in the future =)

Thank you =)

Friendly

Yoann

3 Likes