Sketch following curve

Hello

I'd like the logo to follow the curve on my sketch, so that on my sheet metal once rolled into a cone, my logo appears straight.
I enclose some photos.
FYI, I'm on Solidworks 2016

Hello!

Take a look at this feature:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/English/solidworks/sldworks/hidd_dve_surf_wrapping_sketch.htm

2 Likes

Hello

Why not a removal of material from a rolled piece.

Make a solid, subtract the logo and then a sheet metal conversion.

May the force be with you.

4 Likes

Hello

For me I would do like OBI WAN, a plan then the sketch on it and a normal removal of material on the sheet metal cone.

4 Likes

I just tested the OBI WAN solution, it works very well

4 Likes

The OBI WAN solution works.
I attach photos.

On the other hand, the DXF of the inner side is not the same as that of the outer side!

Try to see with the sketch on a plan and then a normal material removal through everything. Normally you should have your plans in the middle of the cone.

I did remove material through everything from the front plane (which is in the center of the cone)

Have you also ticked the box for normal material removal?

What is not the same?

It is likely that there is a difference in size because you are in a cone on a curved surface.

So it is logical that you find differences in sides between the top and the bottom.

may the force be with you.

ac cobra 427 : What do you mean for normal material removal?

OBI WAN : Yes, I understand that it's logical that I have a gap between the 2 sides (since it's on a cone), but it's not regular, like on the "R" of the image I attached above.

Can you post the part?

1 Like

Attached is the Solidworks file

tole_roulee_bac_extrabac_o1100_h1010_avec_decoupe_le_neubourg.sldprt

I looked at the part especially the R sorry but I don't see anything no difference for me.

1 Like

Check back and see if it's better

tole_roulee_bac_extrabac_o1100_h1010_avec_decoupe_le_neubourg_ac_cobra.sldprt
2 Likes

Perfect AC Cobra 427!  I see that you have to remove the material after creating the sheet metal!

1 Like

Yes absolutely, and there you have the option of normal material removal.

1 Like