Sketching on Solidworks & Welded Constructions

Hello

I just changed software, from inventor to Solidworks.

I want to create a "project" railing to have a more precise view for my client of his project.

I would like to install lines of guardrails via welded constructions.

First of all, I created a sketch to balance my lengths.

However, only the handrail can be seen on my 3D.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hello Aurélien, would you please have a screenshot to show us, so that we can better understand your problem???

Thank you in advance

G.

1 Like

Hello

I invite you to follow this link. It's a tutorial I did some time ago.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

@Yves:

This site is inaccessible

The Web page at the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz9N8PGylMI&t=49s address may be temporarily inaccessible or may have been permanently moved to a different Web address.

ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

1 Like

A more explicit PDF

gc.pdf
1 Like

Hello

This may be due to the fact that there are 3 separate  sketches in your profile.

If you want to work like this, why not go through a library sketch and do an extrusion or a sweep?

3 Likes

That's true, but that's not what I want.

I want to incorporate guardrails into project plans, so I want to spend as little time as possible on that.

I've never tried but I don't have the impression that SW knows how to manage mechanically welded profiles from a sketch with several disjoint contours that generate as many bodies as he will be able to manage at the part list level.

2 Likes

Humph... Personally sketch 3D and then create groups in the function of creating mechanically welded parts

1 Like

To make it quick, the @Frédéric method is the right one: a sketch (multi-profile) scanned, if you don't need to retrieve the mechanical-welding information...

4 Likes

Indeed, stefbeno is right.

SW does not know how to manage several profiles within a single welding profile.

1 Like

Bug....

It's a bit loose to make project plans for quotes...