Is it possible to configure a part (part family type) in a welded build (.sldprt)?

Hello

I have become accustomed to creating my mechanically welded assemblies in a piece file, which allows me to play with all the available functions of welded constructions.

Today I am faced with a problem that I have managed to solve but my solution only suits me moderately...: I want to integrate a nut defined in family of parts but when I insert it on my construction (Insertion/Part), no ciguration is offered to me. The part is therefore inserted in its recording state. To insert the right size I have to go and open the file of my nut and select the size before inserting it.

Once the nut is inserted, I have to "break the link" and thus lose the information that may change....

Can you tell me if there is a way to configure my nut in the part file???? This would save me from having to open the file I'm inserting and having to break the link.

I hope I have been able to explain my problem.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Eric

1 Like

Hello

Could you put this in a ZIP file with the nut so we can take a look at it and which version of >Solidworks are you on?

I didn't zip it.... I hope it's okay.

I'm on the SP5 version of SW2016

ecrou_haut_hh_m_-_a4-70_-_iso4033.sldprt

Hello

All you have to do is right-click on your nut> List external references and in Configuration Name you can choose your happiness.

Why break the link?

3 Likes

DBZ is right; I wanted to have your construction welded with your nut to check.

And here are the insertion parameters that I use to make it work

pictures.zip
3 Likes

As long as you don't break the link!

2 Likes

Ok great, thank you both for your help!! I managed to do that and not have to break ties again.

Thank you again!

2 Likes

Hello for my part I am on the solution of 

dbz

DBZ

3 Likes

Now you just have to put a resolution on the right answer it will close the question and give points to the person who gave you the right walkthrough

especially since the gift shop is going to close

http://www.lynkoa.com/actualites/fermeture-de-la-boutique-r%C3%A9compenses-lynkoa

thank you for thinking of him

@+ ;-)

3 Likes

I'm coming after the battle!

But I also wanted to thank everyone because I had the same question....

so thank you for the solution!

A+

Hubert

1 Like