Is it possible to control a dimension according to the presence of a part in the assembly?

Thank you a.leblanc I will look at everything you offer me and I will keep you informed as soon as I have solved my pb  =)

Oh yes, I forgot, display the two different states depending on whether or not the part is deleted. Flute it's not going to work, in fact you would just have to create a custom assembly property like a checkbox with the two values (e.g. "between axes 1 = 30" & "between axes 2 = 40"), Create an axis as in the video and constrain your extrusion sketch of your holes along this axis (external reference). And you would only have to check or uncheck this box to choose your spacing according to the desired state.

PS: drilling in the assembly is not a good solution, because there are 2 holes, and if you propagate the function to all the parts, you will have these 2 holes in all the parts not put in the assembly following their removal according to the configurations.

1 Like

FYI, it's the same method as in my tutorial to associate dimensions with custom properties:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/import-export-formats-neutres/piloter-des-dimensions-avec-les-propri%C3%A9t%C3%A9s-personnalis%C3%A9es-de-pi%C3%A8

1 Like

a.leblanc: Thank you for all the tutorials!! I finally used the properties with 0 or 1 and then a formula as explained in your video.

It works great!! THANK YOU again

1 Like

Hello

I'm glad I was able to help you, feel free to share your experience on this forum.

Choose the best answer to close this question, it will make it easier for other people to find the chosen solution, and also give me points at the same time ;-).

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

No problem =)

1 Like